Happy Birthday to me, 3500HD officially ordered!

Thanks guys, feels good to know it’s all over with!

Yeah the dealer was on top of it when I arrived, showed up, chatted for a couple min, went to the restroom. MAYBE 10 min with finance guy, probably 5 min. And done, I was out the door.

Been taking my time, only went 300 miles so far, just filled up my first not even half tank, my hand calculated numbers out it at 19mpg so far and that’s with me stopping a lot and trying to vary my speed. However I’m also cruising at 60 until the 500 mile mark :) speed limit is 80.

But having fun!

p.s. pretty sure this is my first time getting diesel. Went to a truck stop, didn’t need DEF, it’s still full. But that was a fun experience. Literally had to google what reefer and tractor fuel was. It asked me that at the pump so I canceled it then googled it haha.

f00ef655dc546ecf62593d43b4a38b12.plist

• Like 2

dang what beautiful country that is out there.....couldn't have picked a better time to drive thru there, screw it if its only 10 deg....look at that sky!

1 hour ago, FirstAscent said:

Thanks guys, feels good to know it’s all over with!

Yeah the dealer was on top of it when I arrived, showed up, chatted for a couple min, went to the restroom. MAYBE 10 min with finance guy, probably 5 min. And done, I was out the door.

Been taking my time, only went 300 miles so far, just filled up my first not even half tank, my hand calculated numbers out it at 19mpg so far and that’s with me stopping a lot and trying to vary my speed. However I’m also cruising at 60 until the 500 mile mark :) speed limit is 80.

But having fun!

p.s. pretty sure this is my first time getting diesel. Went to a truck stop, didn’t need DEF, it’s still full. But that was a fun experience. Literally had to google what reefer and tractor fuel was. It asked me that at the pump so I canceled it then googled it haha.

f00ef655dc546ecf62593d43b4a38b12.plist

Congratulations on the new truck! Always been one of my favorite models.

Very "majestic" photo, good to see you are obeying the 6 foot buffer zone in your photos, don't want your new toy, or yourself catching anything!

Edited by JimCost2014

dang what beautiful country that is out there.....couldn't have picked a better time to drive thru there, screw it if its only 10 deg....look at that sky!

Seriously, it’s been amazing weather. Yeah it’s cold but the skies and sun are perfect.
Congratulations on the new truck! Always been one of my favorite models.

Very "majestic" photo, good to see you are obeying the 6 foot buffer zone in your photos, don't want your new toy, or yourself catching anything!

Thanks! Yes not trying to get to close to her lol
He's not allowed to post the pics here, of what he does to it when they are alone in the garage...

Haha what goes on in the garage, stays in the garage

I found some brake-in advice and procedures from a respected professional:

They just should reference that vid in the owners manual haha

Slowly but surely making my way home. Just filled up diesel and DEF. didn’t need it but wanted to top it off to weight the truck. First time getting DEF and first time on a CAT scale :)

I’m rolling solo so no surprise it’s just slightly more than the curb weight on my door tag.

Curb Weight from factory: 8379

Cat Scale (all fluids topped off and 1 driver)

Steer: 4960
Drive: 3540
Gross: 8500
  • Like 1

so quick question.....do you have to stop off at all truck scales in 2500/3500?....ive never had one so idk

I was kinda trippin when everyone started producing all these cat scale responses....or is it only if your hauling a trailer?...obviously you aren't currently....and do you have to pay each time you do.....ive never been thru one

2 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

They just should reference that vid in the owners manual haha

Slowly but surely making my way home. Just filled up diesel and DEF. didn’t need it but wanted to top it off to weight the truck. First time getting DEF and first time on a CAT scale :)

I’m rolling solo so no surprise it’s just slightly more than the curb weight on my door tag.

Curb Weight from factory: 8379

Cat Scale (all fluids topped off and 1 driver)

Steer: 4960
Drive: 3540
Gross: 8500

You must be a really small dude.  Only 121 lbs?

1 hour ago, jjackkrash said:

No.  You don't have to stop at any of them unless you are a commercial hauler.

but you can if you want?...why would so many stop, just to get numbers for their own info?

25 minutes ago, Dunn said:

but you can if you want?...why would so many stop, just to get numbers for their own info?

Most people who tow heavy want to know what the rig weighs running down the road loaded with gear to calculate payload capacity, tire capacity, and axle capacity, and make sure they are not overloaded.  Or they are just curious.  If you want to know, find a CAT scale. 

https://catscale.com

I've got enough payload capacity to not worry too much about it, but I'm still going to get things loaded up and go weigh once things settle down just to make sure.  Big fivers can get pretty pin heavy especially if you pile weight in the front storage.  

IMG_4485.jpeg

Edited by jjackkrash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jjackkrash said:

Most people who tow heavy want to know what the rig weighs running down the road loaded with gear to calculate payload capacity, tire capacity, and axle capacity, and make sure they are not overloaded.  Or they are just curious.  If you want to know, find a CAT scale. 

https://catscale.com

makes sense,  what I figured and I would do the same

I had class A for 10yrs  but never used it professionally...only time I ever towed a trailer was a 54 footer in a semi. lol... was short lived along long time ago....

beautiful trailer btw!

Edited by Dunn