Liking the 6.6 gas

That stuff doesn't matter. Makes zero difference if you use cruise control or not. Doesn't even matter if you floor it off the show room floor a million times on your way home.

Rings seat within minutes of running, think of how many times they move up and down in that small time frame. Even take built engines for that matter, they are built and put on the dyno and immediately put to work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 8:52 AM, BeardedHunter said:

Newbie here... just dumped a disappointing 2021 EcoBoost for a 2022 2500 Z71 Sport 6.6 gas. I'm due to pick it up in 2 weeks. MPGs I'm seeing posted are impressive. I've got a 30ft TT at 7k lbs, guessing the MPG will be between 8-10 based on what I've read. 

Screenshot_20211018-135901_Chrome.jpg

I've got a 30 foot TT, you're right on with mileage while towing.  Mine generally gets 11-13 when not towing, but I really don't drive on the highway much.  Plus I have 20x10's and 35's which doesn't help

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2020 Silverado 3500 with 6.6 gas. Empty I get 19 to 20 MPG. I drive 65 to 75 mph.  I've pulled several loads of lambs grossing over 26000 lbs. Get 7.9 loaded and around  9.5 to 10 with empty trailer. I run E-25 when I can get it, about half the time. The thing on the dash says best mileage is 26.6. I have about 18k on it.

28 minutes ago, Dbasel said:

I have a 2020 Silverado 3500 with 6.6 gas. Empty I get 19 to 20 MPG. I drive 65 to 75 mph.  I've pulled several loads of lambs grossing over 26000 lbs. Get 7.9 loaded and around  9.5 to 10 with empty trailer. I run E-25 when I can get it, about half the time. The thing on the dash says best mileage is 26.6. I have about 18k on it.

How does your truck handle that load?  How does it do on the hills?  What gear are you in at highway speeds?  What RPMs do you see?  Are you satisfied with your truck, specifically the drivetrain?  

Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, RyanCawdor said:

How does your truck handle that load?  How does it do on the hills?  What gear are you in at highway speeds?  What RPMs do you see?  Are you satisfied with your truck, specifically the drivetrain?  

Thanks in advance!

Handles load good,  cruising along on flat rpm under 2k, first down shift 2300 next down around 3000. Shifts are smooth. That is in tow mode. Never drove a diesel much, but what I have this will get there quicker.but I don't pull  30000 gvw loads. Most of my miles are pulling something. Even if it's a 4 wheeler trailer.

• 2 months later...