Wheel spacers

Kincer

I've been doing a little research as far as how I like the look of the stock 20's with 1 inch spacers, it will give me the look I want without having to buy new rims. I've also been doing some research about buying quality spacers etc. I'm just looking for any real world experience with them from you all. Good, bad, what to do, what not to do etc. Any and all replies will greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance! 

I wanted new wheels with a more negative offset but couldn't justify the cost. I installed 1.5" Bora hub centric spacers without any issues with them for about a year. It looked great with the 285/70/17 Duratracs and handled better than stock in the curves and twisty roads. 

The issue I had was my truck had always had a little shake since I bought it at 19,000 miles. 

The spacers made it worse! It leads me to believe that my issue may be one of the rear axles. Possiblly by moving the wheels out farther it exaggerated the "out of round " I had going on at the hub. 

Taking the spacers off the shaking got quite a bit better. I'd say go for but only get quality hub centric spacers from a  reputable company. Not the Chinese junk.  

• Like 1

I wanted new wheels with a more negative offset but couldn't justify the cost. I installed 1.5" Bora hub centric spacers without any issues with them for about a year. It looked great with the 285/70/17 Duratracs and handled better than stock in the curves and twisty roads. 
The issue I had was my truck had always had a little shake since I bought it at 19,000 miles. 
The spacers made it worse! It leads me to believe that my issue may be one of the rear axles. Possiblly by moving the wheels out farther it exaggerated the "out of round " I had going on at the hub. 
Taking the spacers off the shaking got quite a bit better. I'd say go for but only get quality hub centric spacers from a  reputable company. Not the Chinese junk.  

Thanks for your reply and experience, the ones that I am looking at are 1inch Bora hub centric spacers so I’m looking in the right direction anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's going to exacerbate problems with your front end, but if you don't beat on it too bad it wont hurt much. The odd balljoint, you'll probably do hubs faster than usual too.

Nothing against negative offsets, but I encourage you to look at the two recent paint damage threads on this forum page. Any time your tires kick a stone, or sandblast some wet sand against the side of the truck, you will be creating a future paint issue. My rule of thumb is 0.5" of sidewall sticking out beyond the fender and I still have plenty of sand kicked up. I have 12.5" tires on with no spacer, minor rub, no paint sandblasting.   

10 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

It's going to exacerbate problems with your front end, but if you don't beat on it too bad it wont hurt much. The odd balljoint, you'll probably do hubs faster than usual too.

Nothing against negative offsets, but I encourage you to look at the two recent paint damage threads on this forum page. Any time your tires kick a stone, or sandblast some wet sand against the side of the truck, you will be creating a future paint issue. My rule of thumb is 0.5" of sidewall sticking out beyond the fender and I still have plenty of sand kicked up. I have 12.5" tires on with no spacer, minor rub, no paint sandblasting.   

Thanks for the insight, I think I'll be fine running just one inch spacers, I'm running the Readylift 2.25 leveling kit with their upper control arms and ball joints, 275/60/20s, and I'm lucky if I put a 100 miles a week on the truck, I should be good for a long time. It should just barely poke out of the fender well with the tire size I'm running. I'm still not sure if I'm gonna go this route yet or not, may just get 0 offset rims. Thanks again for your reply!