Running Boards - need ground clearance!

I’ve got an AT4 with the optional “off road” steps. They look great, substantial, protect the paint well, and function great as a step. BUT, they hang low.. I’ve high centered on them, and from the profile view they make the truck look lower. 

I’d like to replace them with something as nice as they are, but provide more ground clearance and are more tucked up into the pinch weld under the door. Something high and tight, but still providing a functional step and paint protection from rocks thrown by the front tires.

Looking at the Rough Country HD2, Go Rhino RB20 & D6. I’ve searched on here for opinions and pics, but not much available. Can anyone provide some opinion and some profile pics?? Other options?

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Drew03Z said:

Great ideas, thanks. Looking for a stationary board to help protect from rocks being thrown up from the front tires

I second the iconic automotive 41 series. Have them and you can tuck them up very close to the cab. Good price on them too. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...