Cameras?

I have a question about the new high end camera package. 

When you put on your turn signal to change lanes, does the camera show you the blind spot for the lane you're moving to?  I have an aftermarket, dealer installed camera package on my SLT that does that and I like it a lot.

When I move to a new truck in the next 12 to 18 months, is this a functionality that will be retained? 

In 12 months there may be a way to make it work that way....tricking the truck to think a trailer is there or manufacturer update

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I bet that’d be pretty easy to do with a spare plug & some resistors.

My thoughts exactly would be a nice thing to put in the bed plug when ur not using it

But also should be able to in some way trick the cameras to think there is a trailer always connected

But I don't have a truck to figure it out yet

3 hours ago, Ryno12 said:

I wonder if it activates when in tow/haul mode rather than sensing when a trailer is physically plugged in?  I don't have my truck yet so I can't test this theory.

I wonder if it activates when in tow/haul mode rather than sensing when a trailer is physically plugged in?  I don't have my truck yet so I can't test this theory.

I actually just tested that the other day while I was pulling a trailer. It must operate off the trailer physically being plugged in. Being in Tow/Haul didn’t make a difference.
  • Thanks 1

I ordered this adapter to work with my camper since it doesn't draw enough to be recognized when plugged it. Once I plug in this adapter it thinks a trailer is attached and pops up on the infotainment screen. If  you select a profile then the cameras activate on the turn signal as if there was a trailer attached.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C4AYR3U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

I ordered this adapter to work with my camper since it doesn't draw enough to be recognized when plugged it. Once I plug in this adapter it thinks a trailer is attached and pops up on the infotainment screen. If  you select a profile then the cameras activate on the turn signal as if there was a trailer attached.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C4AYR3U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice so that keeps the same 7 plug style for the trailer to hook into

Does anyone know how using that adapter used to trick the computer into trailer towing mode will change the applicable parameters in the computers -- I'm thinking shifting, engine tuning, torque management, etc?

I wonder if a 7-pin trailer plug tester would work to trick it. My truck is getting PPF and tint at the moment but will try it later and report back. if it does it'd be easy enough to leave it plugged into the gooseneck port so long as you have a cover on the bed.