Un-lifting truck

Just wondering if someone could give me an idea of what I'm looking at to un-lift my truck....i have a 2014 gmc sierra 4x4 crew cab with a 7.5 RC lift and want to return it to stock like.  I want to go back to the smoother ride.  

Edited by Escalade1979
Error

46 minutes ago, Escalade1979 said:

Just wondering if someone could give me an idea of what I'm looking at to un-lift my truck....i have a 2014 gmc sierra 4x4 crew cab with a 7.5 RC lift and want to return it to stock like.  I want to go back to the smoother ride.  

Being that you modify the crossmember and other parts you will likely need to replace those. If you want stock again it may be easier to trade in

• Like 2

I returned my 2013 GMC back to stock before selling it. I installed the lift so I kept all the stock parts and rewelded the rear crossmember chunk back on that was removed. If you don't have the stock parts you would need to acquire them, mainly the stock knuckle's, and that piece cut from the crossmember to drop  the front differential.

Just sell it, always a chance you’ll screw something up and that’s NOT something you want to try and figure out as its much more tedious making sure your re-welding is done right. You could always purchase a smaller lift and sell what you’ve got. There’s a ton of people on these forums that’ll buy a used lift.

Sent from Above

You could always lower it to 5" and add a set of coilovers in place of the huge spacer above the strut. That would give you a lot better ride. The 7 1/2" RC is actually the same crossmember drop as the 5". Just uses a taller spacer on top of the struts. That's why it rides rough.

• Like 1

I'd try rough countrys vertex coilovers. I'm pretty sure they'll fit your lift and they're only $1000. It's gotta be cheaper than labor and trying to source parts to unlift your truck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IMO, Being that high, most of the roughness would be attributed to large oversized E tires.

Sent from Above