Horn honks 3 times after I enter truck and shut door.

Sounds like the system may not be recognizing the remote when you enter the truck. Have you noticed a "remote not recognized message" on the DIC?

I would probably go get the 2nd remote just to eliminate the 1st remote as the issue........ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 7:57 AM, EXSlider400 said:

Dead remote battery. It may not think you have it. Try placing it in the designated key pocket then open/shut door. 

Bingo...I think. 

I put a new battery in the remote Friday. No honking since. 

Kind of shocked the battery in a one year old remote went dead so quickly but whatever.

Edited by AJMBLAZER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nope. Still doing it. 
So it's actually honking because it thinks that the remote is not inside the truck anymore.

so for instance if I have my truck running and remote in my pocket and I get out of my truck and close the door to go into the gas station it honks three times.

it's just one of those things that's going to happen with a keyless entry system.

could GM have done a better job as far as it correctly identifying if the key is inside or outside of the truck? of course, but it is what it is.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Horn honks 3 times also if the remote gets left in the vehicle.  Mine does this sometimes as well when I leave work and I think I have figured out why.  When I get to the truck I open the back door first to put my duty belt in the back seat and what ever else.  Then I open front door and get in, and as soon as I close the door I get the 3 honks which I believe is the "Fob left in vehicle reminder" and I think it does this due to the fact a door was already opened and closed with the Fob in range and it thinks I am leaving the vehicle and leaving the fob in it when in fact I am getting in the front seat.  I do not know if you are opening the back door first as I do or not, but I believe this is why mine does it.

• Like 1

This has been happening to me for

the last 5 days on a 2019 trail boss with 65000 kms. I leave my truck with fob in hand and about 10mins later it gives me 3-5 quick honks, like super quick. No idea why it’s doing it. Leave key fob in house, go out to investigate, trucks locked, no lights on dash like something is on. Yesterday morning I started the truck, went to back up Out of the driveway for work and my steering wheel was locked. Cycled off, on. Still locked. Another cycle, same thing.... locked. No lights on dash, nothing,  Everything else was normal.  Came home after work, started it and it was normal again. Had steering. No idea. Hate this truck

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/17/2020 at 2:42 PM, 19 Denali ultimate said:

Horn honks 3 times also if the remote gets left in the vehicle.  Mine does this sometimes as well when I leave work and I think I have figured out why.  When I get to the truck I open the back door first to put my duty belt in the back seat and what ever else.  Then I open front door and get in, and as soon as I close the door I get the 3 honks which I believe is the "Fob left in vehicle reminder" and I think it does this due to the fact a door was already opened and closed with the Fob in range and it thinks I am leaving the vehicle and leaving the fob in it when in fact I am getting in the front seat.  I do not know if you are opening the back door first as I do or not, but I believe this is why mine does it.

Mine does the exact same thing. How do I turn that honking feature off?!

I don't care for the truck to remind me that I left my remote inside (even though I didn't, because I AM inside the truck).