Door Handle just came off

Anybody have this happen? Door was unlocked, went to open my driver's side door and the handle came off in my dang hand?!?! 2019 Custom Silverado.....

Had to have lock cylinder replaced 2 weeks ago (it was rusting ) and noticed a little rattle in the door last night, assuming something wasn't secured properly, but never had this happen before....I can get it back in, but door won't open via the handle now(opens from inside, thank God)47cb53ab1563099ede2052432588df19.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Probably didn't get it tightened all the way down. IF it was a warranty deal where they replaced the lock cylinder be sure to advise the service advisor when you take it back to the dealership.

If you get a survey after the fact be honest and not do what the dealer wants you to do which will be cover their back as they'll try to hide this mistake if it was a warranty fix to begin with.

As a matter of fact I'd call GM's warranty dept and let them know. There surely has to be a number you can let them know about this experience at.

A mechanic apparently was more concerned about something else besides your pickup that day and maybe the dealership needs to know so they can address this properly. IF you just take it to them and they hide the fix GM will never know.

As a matter of fact if the lock cylinder was replaced at a dealership under warranty I'd take it to a different dealership for this repair as it'll get charged back to the dealership being they screwed a simple lock cylinder change up.

Makes me wonder if your door panel got the same subpar treatment as they have to remove the panel and a protective plastic sheet to access the handle/lock area.

This is Ridiculous that this has occurred.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigrb said:

Anybody have this happen? Door was unlocked, went to open my driver's side door and the handle came off in my dang hand?!?! 2019 Custom Silverado.....

Had to have lock cylinder replaced 2 weeks ago (it was rusting ) and noticed a little rattle in the door last night, assuming something wasn't secured properly, but never had this happen before....I can get it back in, but door won't open via the handle now(opens from inside, thank God)47cb53ab1563099ede2052432588df19.jpg

Lay off the protein powder and weights, haus!

But seriously, that is ridiculous. 

Edited by TheTicketTX
  • Like 1

Lol, I am a frail little man, lol...
Tend to agree that it was a rush job and they biffed it.....guving my dealer a chance to make it right, as they are taking it first thing in AM, but will make dang sure that the door panel is nice and solid after the repair ....of the repair.. .it did seem to sound a little loose the past couple days , so I would reckon that there may be some other parts in there not secured as well....

wonder if they have to take the door panel off  . Either way good luck Mate . should be fairly easy fix 

Sheesh and some on here swear GM trucks are perfect :)