Headlight Tint..??

Hey guys. Have a black RST and wanting to go full blackout. Got black covers for the tail lights and am wondering if anybody has tinted their headlights or even tried the black head light covers. Curious on install, visibility, etc. Also, pics are welcome if you’ve done it to show it off. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Kintnerboyredoubt said:

Call me old fashioned but this ranks right up there with tinting your windshield as far as pointless arguably unsafe modifications. Let’s make our headlights less effective, great idea.

That’s why I’m asking if anyone has done and tips on it. Seen reviews online of it and doesn’t dampen the light output as much as you think. Not talking going 5%. Glad you commented though. Helped a lot. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HuskersSilverado said:

That’s why I’m asking if anyone has done and tips on it. Seen reviews online of it and doesn’t dampen the light output as much as you think. Not talking going 5%. Glad you commented though. Helped a lot. 

It’s a forum. Not everyone is going to share your rose colored enthusiasm for making the biggest safety feature of night time driving less effective, but to each their own. Good luck on your quest.

4 minutes ago, Kintnerboyredoubt said:

It’s a forum. Not everyone is going to share your rose colored enthusiasm for making the biggest safety feature of night time driving less effective, but to each their own. Good luck on your quest.

Thanks for letting me know it’s a forum. Was wondering what this was. 

I’d personally leave the headlights and taillights alone. If you wanna tint the Windows darker go ahead. I have 5 percent all the way around the sides and rear (ceramic) and also a 35 percent on the front windshield. It’s extremely light and IS not noticeable at night. Given my tints illegal, however my local LEOs don’t harp on tint. 

11 hours ago, HuskersSilverado said:

Hey guys. Have a black RST and wanting to go full blackout. Got black covers for the tail lights and am wondering if anybody has tinted their headlights or even tried the black head light covers. Curious on install, visibility, etc. Also, pics are welcome if you’ve done it to show it off. 

Thanks

Check out - www.Lamin-x . com . I used there tint on my fog lights ( Light Smoke ) NO problems

7 hours ago, JSW74 said:

I’d personally leave the headlights and taillights alone. If you wanna tint the Windows darker go ahead. I have 5 percent all the way around the sides and rear (ceramic) and also a 35 percent on the front windshield. It’s extremely light and IS not noticeable at night. Given my tints illegal, however my local LEOs don’t harp on tint. 

Thank you. This is how you respond when you don’t agree with something but still give good feedback. I have the AVS taillight covers and absolutely love them. Have had no problems with them either. Will leave the headlights alone. Just was curious if anyone has done it. 

I was curious as well but not tints. I feel like it'd be safer to colour match the inside of the headlight where it's all chrome. Like they did with the new Yukon AT4 I think that would look killer on these trucks. 

1 hour ago, snork said:

I'm definitely tinting the fog lights, I may tint the headlights and flasher, if I do I'll remove the entire unit and tint as one

LED headlights housings have a normal "tint" which does not interfere with headlamp operation.....that's why I went for LEDs max lighting from 6 lamps on high beam. But the clear fog lamp housings stand out like a sore thumb and no need to remove. Made a cardboard template and cut covers from a piece of light gray smoke plexiglass.......can be mounted with pieces of clear double sided tape or pieces of magnetic tape and steel buttons to make it easily removable when needed. Nice look and exact match with the appearance of other front lighting.

DSCN0604.JPG.a119f9f9a1cb6d7c069c908d12e293c8.JPGDSCN0719.JPG.de1b3def49e37470cfe38f1c229d5227.JPG

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

LED headlights housings have a normal "tint" which does not interfere with headlamp operation.....that's why I went for LEDs max lighting from 6 lamps on high beam. But the clear fog lamp housings stand out like a sore thumb and no need to remove. Made a cardboard template and cut covers from a piece of light gray smoke plexiglass.......can be mounted with pieces of clear double sided tape or pieces of magnetic tape and steel buttons to make it easily removable when needed. Nice look and exact match with the appearance of other front lighting.

DSCN0604.JPG.a119f9f9a1cb6d7c069c908d12e293c8.JPGDSCN0719.JPG.de1b3def49e37470cfe38f1c229d5227.JPG

Nice job. That looks good. Those fog lights really do stick out when they aren’t tinted or done something like this. 

• 2 years later...

I am installing gtstlying yellow covers, especially over fogs...i don't need or want HID fogs in my mind that is dumb and purposeless...its just for show, fogs should always have a yellow tint....I have a 50% tinted windshield on truck its because car headlights are so ****ing bright these days bothers me at night, and i drive west into the sun every morning...not only does it make the truck look cleaner 20% around 50% windshield...I also find it safer than driving with sunglasses....that's the main reason i tint my windshield...car lights so bright these days they bother me at night, and sunglasses block field of vision no matter what...tints best option in my mind...going from 70% stock to 50% not that big of a difference but helps...

anyways i race cars also, not new to covers; but having trouble getting these gtsylings on i think i may of got a bad cut since have been 3d printing by order since covid might have typed something in wrong, very cool company sending me new sets for free just in case...I am just curious if anyone has got these covers?  (headlights and fogs) Especially for fogs, as aforementioned HID fogs are dumb and have no purpose, that's why i am making them yellow the color they should be...and I know a lot about covers (have a SS/Holden commodore headlight covers big in aussie land, had a few pairs shipped up from a friend down there) so i cant figure out why i cant get these figured out....and thier instructions are no help lol even though its literally just cover the lights...cant get it perfect..

and if anyone wants to know why doing headlights yellow, is also because like i mentioned car lights are so bright these days i have been subject to road rage because people thought i was driving with my brights on with all the HID's it came with...hahahahaha, so if anyone has put on a set let me know...new to forum

I used VVivid tint on my previous truck with LED headlights and it looked great. I haven't gotten around to tinting my current truck headlights yet since I'm trading in in later this year. I did tint my windshield though at 30% and it is great!