During the crisis

6 minutes ago, MNTIM said:

Well I signed the papers on my 2020 TB LT Friday. Ended up with 2.69% on the remainder of the amount after my Tacoma trade. And I came in 14.5k under msrp. I contemplated waiting but I would be really surprised if amidst this the dealer would still pay TOP dollar for my tacoma. I’m not upset about pulling the trigger when I did. 

Now to just wait it out and see what happens. 

that's the issue while you get a great deal on the new the old isn't worth much in these times

cant be upset bout that, you got a great price and good rate....idk what trades are worth but sounds like you did awesome

I want to trade my 1500 RST in and upgrade but lil sketchy right now.....I am few thou in clear on what its worth to what I owe....decisions, decisons

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dunn said:

that's the issue while you get a great deal on the new the old isn't worth much in these times

Exactly why when he agreed to 17.5 I took it and ran. I was blown away. - now looking back - im really happy.

Trucks in the garage with its first layer of amsoil HDMP drying as we speak.. I have allot of miscellaneous undercoating I want to do and I’m stocked up to do if we spend some days at home soon here in MN 

yeah if trucks go down it all goes down....buying or selling.....want to move to 2500 but may have to wait 

I just never can  get comfortable in my 1500....tried every option and the seats being stiff and brake pedal being so much closer than gas I tried so many options but just cant get comfy.....truck drives great, turning radius much better than my tundra, had no issues whatsoever......just ergonomics don't suit me

Edited by Dunn

4 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Humans in general are terrible at assessing risk, and you see a lot evidence of that in this thread alone. We are happy to ignore familiar threats and risky behaviors if the short term gratification is too appealing to resist. On the other hand, we find ourselves being brought to panic over something like COVID...something that poses a relatively small risk of death or lasting harm to most people.

Part of that is it being relatively new and unknown as far as viruses go. Part of that is the media hype and unending news cycle. I hope at some point we can find some balance in our response to this. The virus can be dangerous, but so can panic, desperation and irrational behavior.

As I understand it, you really really need to have top tier 100% perfect credit.

Nevermind that though...taking on a 7 year loan in this environment seems like a really bad idea. Plus, if someone buys one now, how are they gonna take it in for the inevitable rear window leak a week later when we are all under quarantine! ?

my ex wife was in pharma litigation and what a shitshow that was......unbelievable the stuff she learned and no one would probably believe".....there isn't much profit in healthy people!

and yeah funny I was thinking of dumping my truck for an upgrade but now idk, my business is luxury item not a necessity so ill have to see how this circus ends up......plus I can refi at much lower rate now

Edited by Dunn

Well I signed the papers on my 2020 TB LT Friday. Ended up with 2.69% on the remainder of the amount after my Tacoma trade. And I came in 14.5k under msrp. I contemplated waiting but I would be really surprised if amidst this the dealer would still pay TOP dollar for my tacoma. I’m not upset about pulling the trigger when I did. 

Now to just wait it out and see what happens. 

Seems like a very good deal. That’s been my logic as well, I’ll have a good amount to put down so I’d rather take the money and get under 3% interest from a local credit union. How hard did you have to work for that 14.5k off msrp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, CP312 said:

Seems like a very good deal. That’s been my logic as well, I’ll have a good amount to put down so I’d rather take the money and get under 3% interest from a local credit union. How hard did you have to work for that 14.5k off msrp?

Not terribly hard- I had money ready to go. They all are advertised 11k off msrp as it is in mn right now. Plus I had a valuable trade and I made 2 dealers compete basically for the trade. I also went to the dealer my company goes through so they wanted the business. 

Not terribly hard- I had money ready to go. They all are advertised 11k off msrp as it is in mn right now. Plus I had a valuable trade and I made 2 dealers compete basically for the trade. I also went to the dealer my company goes through so they wanted the business. 

That makes sense. Most around here are also discounted in the same range. I’ve got a 2013 Rock Warrior Tundra that’s paid for so I may just start trying to sell that no and be ready to jump if any deals pop up first of April.