WAMS AutoSync Tool now supports OTA CUSTOM Module Programming!

So with all of the craziness in the world right now and all the bad news we figured everyone could use some good news and we’ve got what we think is a pretty good start!

When we released the AutoSync in December we hinted that there were some big things coming that would make some of you very happy and some of those things are here now! Over The Air updates have always been a “thing” for AutoSync, it’s how you get the latest firmware for your unit. Well I’m proud to announce that Over The Air (OTA) PROGRAMMING is available now as well for selected applications (with more to come!) This also allows for full support for 2017+ BCM programming as well; all done seamlessly as if it were factory. We also have added the option for a FULL speed limiter delete for those of you who have vehicles that are difficult/expensive to tune such as the L5P and T1 trucks as well. 

With the lovely COVID issue worldwide we are still waiting on one part to finish a huge batch of AutoSync units. Those parts have shipped and we are just playing the waiting game at this point. That being said we expect to fill ALL backorders VERY soon including the units that were originally holding for custom programming to be built. So those of you who have been patiently waiting for a unit WITH optional programming (thank you SO much!) will get units and this new OTA programming method the second we have hardware to send.  

Those of you with existing units we will be posting upgrade instructions as well as instructions on how to obtain the optional OTA Programming items so keep an eye on the website under that product for more details :)

Please bear with us as we ramp up this all new program, this is a huge leap and we are all going to take it together. 

If you have any questions regarding this process or how this may affect your existing order please contact us via the website and we'll go over everything with you but its going to be great!

Most importantly we hope you all are safe and healthy; what a crazy time to be alive! 

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 2

So with all of the craziness in the world right now and all the bad news we figured everyone could use some good news and we’ve got what we think is a pretty good start!

When we released the AutoSync in December we hinted that there were some big things coming that would make some of you very happy and some of those things are here now! Over The Air updates have always been a “thing” for AutoSync, it’s how you get the latest firmware for your unit. Well I’m proud to announce that Over The Air (OTA) PROGRAMMING is available now as well for selected applications (with more to come!) This also allows for full support for 2017+ BCM programming as well; all done seamlessly as if it were factory. We also have added the option for a FULL speed limiter delete for those of you who have vehicles that are difficult/expensive to tune such as the L5P and T1 trucks as well. 

With the lovely COVID issue worldwide we are still waiting on one part to finish a huge batch of AutoSync units. Those parts have shipped and we are just playing the waiting game at this point. That being said we expect to fill ALL backorders VERY soon including the units that were originally holding for custom programming to be built. So those of you who have been patiently waiting for a unit WITH optional programming (thank you SO much!) will get units and this new OTA programming method the second we have hardware to send.  

Those of you with existing units we will be posting upgrade instructions as well as instructions on how to obtain the optional OTA Programming items so keep an eye on the website under that product for more details [emoji4]

Please bear with us as we ramp up this all new program, this is a huge leap and we are all going to take it together. 

If you have any questions regarding this process or how this may affect your existing order please contact us via the website and we'll go over everything with you but its going to be great!

Most importantly we hope you all are safe and healthy; what a crazy time to be alive! 

Does the autosync have the ability to re-number keys? For example. I lost one of my original keys and fob. Purchased new ones and had them programmed. Now I have key 2 and key 3. This leaves me without the use of seat/mirror memory #1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 3/28/2020 at 4:23 PM, tyler.frost92 said:

Does the autosync have the ability to re-number keys? For example. I lost one of my original keys and fob. Purchased new ones and had them programmed. Now I have key 2 and key 3. This leaves me without the use of seat/mirror memory #1.

In a roundabout way yes. You can delete the Fobs then start from 0 and re-add them which will put put them into slots 1,2,3 etc. Make sense? 

• Like 1

In a roundabout way yes. You can delete the Fobs then start from 0 and re-add them which will put put them into slots 1,2,3 etc. Make sense? 

Makes perfect sense, but can you do it with the keys? I was under the impression the active driver is set with what key is used and the fobs didn't make a difference. Correct me if I'm wrong.

12 minutes ago, tyler.frost92 said:

Makes perfect sense, but can you do it with the keys? I was under the impression the active driver is set with what key is used and the fobs didn't make a difference. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I had to triple check as i was second guessing myself but its FOB grabbed this from the owners manual :)

"

RKE transmitters are not labeled with a number. If your memory seat position is stored to 1 or 2 but this position is not automatically recalling, then store your positions to the other button or switch RKE transmitters with the other driver"

I had to triple check as i was second guessing myself but its FOB grabbed this from the owners manual [emoji4]

"

RKE transmitters are not labeled with a number. If your memory seat position is stored to 1 or 2 but this position is not automatically recalling, then store your positions to the other button or switch RKE transmitters with the other driver"

Just thought I’d give you an update. Checked my manual. It stated the same thing you quoted about the RKE. Tried locking and unlocking with different fobs. There was never any difference except when I switched keys. Then the DIC would toggle driver 2 and driver 3. It must be a misprint in the owners manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just thought I’d give you an update. Checked my manual. It stated the same thing you quoted about the RKE. Tried locking and unlocking with different fobs. There was never any difference except when I switched keys. Then the DIC would toggle driver 2 and driver 3. It must be a misprint in the owners manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I almost wonder if the other fob is programmed into a higher slot like 3/4 Hrmm

On 3/28/2020 at 8:50 AM, GTPprix said:

Those of you with existing units we will be posting upgrade instructions as well as instructions on how to obtain the optional OTA Programming items so keep an eye on the website under that product for more details :)

is this unit still vehicle specific (married to 1 vehicle ) per unit , or can I use it on all my GMC's ( I have 3 )

• Like 1

is this unit still vehicle specific (married to 1 vehicle ) per unit , or can I use it on all my GMC's ( I have 3 )

The unit itself doesn’t marry to a vehicle if it’s a supported vehicle it will work with all standard features. The optional programming items are however vehicle specific.

• 6 months later...
On 3/28/2020 at 9:50 AM, GTPprix said:

New here, and found this on a search how to delete the top speed limiter on my new L5P.  So... how do it get one? 

How do I order my speed limit removal for my 2019 classic style L5P chevy 3500 series?   I would like a price and if any custom tuning to up my horsepower that would be great as well but atleast remove my speed limiter rite now without buying ECM or a unit that has to be bolted on to ECM.    I want to know more details and price.  For sure    You can email me ASAP on how to get this process started 

Edited by jeremy2005
Contact number delete

On 3/28/2020 at 10:50 AM, GTPprix said:

How can I order this speed limit removal for my 2019 chevy HD3500 L5P duramax?    I would like to get it now pending on price and is there any other horsepower options I know these “tuners” they sell for a L5P are very expensive I don’t have that kinda money so if we can get rid of the speed limiter great an if we can get more horsepower even better but where do I prefer at???