2015 4x4 Transmission

I have a 2015 Silverado 4x4 with the 6 speed transmission, 108,000 miles on the transmission and just got told after my truck would not go into gear that I need a 5,000 new transmission. I have had no issues up until this point. Anything I can do here? I would hate to spend 5k on the same transmission and then it blow out in another 100k miles. 

What place is charging you that $5,000??

A new transmission from what I find on GM parts is $2,900 plus tax. A brand new GM torque converter is $264 plus tax.

I don't see how it will cost $1,600+ to remove the old transmission and install the new one. I can understand a little mark up but still wouldn't seem right to cost that much for a new one. I don't have the labor rates in front of me but I figure 7-8 hours for R&R is what it could book for.  $5,000 seems a bit high but a tad over $4,000-4,200 seems more likely after tax.

I'd get some opinions and costs before you bit the bullet. A rebuild from a transmission shop may be cheaper as well. And I'd want a better explanation of why the transmission requires replacement just because it stopped going into gear. Do they find a failed internal part, bad pump, bad torque converter etc etc.

5,000 seems too high.

Take it to a reputable transmission shop and ask how much for a rebuild - they can probably do it for $2,000 and give you a warranty - I imagine transmission shops are very experienced with these 6 speeds (plenty of them have problems).

8 hours ago, Doublebase said:

5,000 seems too high.

Take it to a reputable transmission shop and ask how much for a rebuild - they can probably do it for $2,000 and give you a warranty - I imagine transmission shops are very experienced with these 6 speeds (plenty of them have problems).

This.  5K is way too high.