HD bumpers

Well, it also means that in an accident, more force is transmitted to the people in the truck.  Before the frame bends, that energy is transmitted along the frame, and the cab, and the seats in the cab, which are all bolted together quite firmly.  So, instead of the front end crumpling up like it's supposed to, it stays rock solid, and instead the vehicle slows down a little faster, and the people inside have more G's applied to their bodies, injuring them a bit more.

And instead of replacing the bumper, grill and trim bits up front, the vehicle needs the frame straightened, or replaced, or the vehicle is totalled...

Edited by davester
  • Like 3

I love the look.  I had an Iron Bull bumper and grill guard on my 07 1500 and have been thinking about one for my 2020 3500.

I took out a big eight point in Iowa with that bumper and didn't even scratch anything.  Paid for the bumper right then and there.

Did you install it yourself and how did it work with the sensors for park assist and air bags.

On 4/18/2020 at 1:47 PM, skorpyd said:

I love the look.  I had an Iron Bull bumper and grill guard on my 07 1500 and have been thinking about one for my 2020 3500.

I took out a big eight point in Iowa with that bumper and didn't even scratch anything.  Paid for the bumper right then and there.

Did you install it yourself and how did it work with the sensors for park assist and air bags.

I installed it. sensors were a pain to get out of the old bumper. Went in to new bumper easy and fit was great.Work fine. Also has the engine heater plug. Air bag sensors are not on bumper. The front camera has a slight view of the lower bar. but it's still usable I have to get close to the wall in my garage to close door. I live in Montana I've hit 2 deer in the past 2 years. ( first deer I've ever hit in 30 years) Less people hunting. The deer here are getting out of control. I'm not taking chances. The second deer was in a 1500, just clipped it but it spun into door and blew side air bags. $12,000. That one had a ranch hand grill guard it snapped like a twig, but it only needed a headlight and fender, all the money was in air bags , seat belts and modules.

19 hours ago, 33street said:

I installed it. sensors were a pain to get out of the old bumper. Went in to new bumper easy and fit was great.Work fine. Also has the engine heater plug. Air bag sensors are not on bumper. The front camera has a slight view of the lower bar. but it's still usable I have to get close to the wall in my garage to close door. I live in Montana I've hit 2 deer in the past 2 years. ( first deer I've ever hit in 30 years) Less people hunting. The deer here are getting out of control. I'm not taking chances. The second deer was in a 1500, just clipped it but it spun into door and blew side air bags. $12,000. That one had a ranch hand grill guard it snapped like a twig, but it only needed a headlight and fender, all the money was in air bags , seat belts and modules.

So the bumper itself was reasonably easy to install and fit is good?  I don't have front camera or heater plug so that's not a worry.

Thanks for the info,  I would love to get one.  I'm kind of holding off to see how this pandemic shakes out before putting out the money.    I see the bumpers are also made in Montana, are you affiliated.

On 4/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, skorpyd said:

Thanks for the info,  I would love to get one.  I'm kind of holding off to see how this pandemic shakes out before putting out the money.    I see the bumpers are also made in Montana, are you affiliated.

No affiliation! they build them 130 miles away and are powder coated local. so no shipping.

I dig my bumper, it's giant, so I don't expect many of you to like it. It's made specificly to fend off deer strikes at speed. Coast a bundle, weighs 225 pounds without the winch. I've had it on 2 different trucks, it fits perfect. Buckstop, made in Oregon, workmanship is top notch, perfect welds, great powder coating.

IMG_0233.JPG

Edited by gearheadesw

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, CT Chevy Connoisseur said:

Went with TrailReady - love it

FullSizeR (00D).jpg

InkedFullSizeR (00E)_LI.jpg

Looks real good. Just posted in another thread tht I intend on building my own similar to this. I plan on leaving a little.more room for standing on top of it to help reach into the engine compartment. I'm 6-1 and still feel like a dwarf around this thing. I also plan on a recessed receiver in the bottom, center. Not sure if I want a winch yet. Might just make a storage box and could add one later. Already got the upfitter switches for the lights and accessories. Also, any pictures of the mounting technique?

Edited by Stand By