Speedometer calibrators

Put a 9" McGaughys lift with 37's and of course the speedometer is way off. I tried the $139 Rough Country speedometer calibrator and had no luck with it.

Now I'm going to try one of these. Hypertech makes the RC unit and looks the same but the Hypertech is $80 more. Has a CD for downloading. RC didn't.

The other one is an inline setup.

Still needs to be updated via the www.

This is frustrating to say the least.

I'm leaning against the inline one and thinking about the other one. Same price.

Anyone?6d8418dab70f357601c3e2231c581767.jpg147639d8127ce924043c6befdf1b1cdc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have the hypertech inline calibrator, but that's only bC I have a custom hp tuners tune on the truck. The guy who tuned my truck would recal the speedo everytime I switched to winter tires free of charge but it got to be a bit of a pain going back and forth so I got the inline from hypertech. Install wasnt too bad. You need a PC, not sure if you need windows 10 but mine does. I had issues downloading updated firmware sure to the computers security system. So I called hypertech and buddy emailed me the download and everything worked perfectly. You enter old tire size to new tire size, you can also calibrate gearing changes. My experience with it has been good so far, aside from the initial computer issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I wonder if HP Tuners ever got around to fixing the possible cruise control issue with really large tires. Something with the non driven wheels and the ABS but it seems we may be able to edit that stuff now.

I'm not going to tune it yet.

I just want the speedometer to be right.

Not regearing yet either.

I have another truck for my grunt work.

This truck is for mall crawling and driving around looking cool.

I don't have experience with it but I would say the hypertech programmer should work just fine. I've called them 3 times, and although the guy sounds miserable he has always been incredibly helpful and to the point.

I have the hypertext that you linked (not the inline) and had zero issues fixing my speedo after installing my puny 35s.  It's spot on at any speed. 

I have the hypertext that you linked (not the inline) and had zero issues fixing my speedo after installing my puny 35s.  It's spot on at any speed. 
Plug and play?
No downloading B S.?

I did do a firmware update....not sure if it was required
That's where I ran into the trouble with the rough country calibrator I downloaded the program into the computer but then the computer wouldn't let the program run firewall issue or something way more than I know about

I ran into the same problem with the inline. Called hyper tech and they emailed the.exe file to me, and for whatever reason was able to update using the files they sent via email. Everything was simplified after having the update emailed, don't know why, don't care, I just know that it worked and was painless.

I ran into the same problem with the inline. Called hyper tech and they emailed the.exe file to me, and for whatever reason was able to update using the files they sent via email. Everything was simplified after having the update emailed, don't know why, don't care, I just know that it worked and was painless.

Painless for you is a like a hemmoroid for me when it comes to this B.S.[emoji24][emoji24][emoji2957][emoji40]
I'm probably going to get the non inline unit.
I hope it's as easy as possible.

Not in your case, , I think it offers a few more gear ratio options (I think I read that on the website Cantt remember) , but really only beneficial to me bc I have a custom tune on the truck, I was advised by hypertech to use the inline. I think the programmer suits your needs just fine, however I don't know if it will be plug and play right out of the box or if you will have to update firmware like that other guy said. I would just call hypertech to confirm. They're fairly helpful