OnStar Cost $14.99 Per Month On New Truck

$15/mo seems ridiculous for the limited functionality. And for whatever reason, I find that the new app errors out more often or takes longer to start the truck. Never had these issues with the 2016 GMC I had. I'm still in the trial period, so sounds like I'll need to give them a call to haggle.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:00 PM, MrChips said:

I only really wanted the basic remote start app plan so I pushed the blue onstar button and was prepared to haggle with them. I talked to a customer service  guy and told him I thought $15 per month was too much for the basic remote plan. Without hesitation he instantly dropped it to $7.00 per month for one year, he said it will automatically go back to the $15 rate after the year is up. He said when that happens just contact onstar again and they will lower it back to the $7.00. I can live with that...

Nothing additional really to add, but just wanted to thank this poster for the information regarding the lower price. I actually just called and successfully activated the “remote access” tier for $7.99/month on both my wife’s Tahoe and my 2020 3500HD.