In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2 days old with 200 miles and im already scheduling my first service appointment :(

2020 Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss... just scheduled an appointment for monday. I did some looking here on the forums and have not seen anyone talking about my issues. So far what ive noticed...

1. My push to talk bluetooth/ command button does not work at all. I noticed this the day i picked it up. I tried everything, looked in settings and couldnt find any reasons why the button wouldnt work. People just talked about short presses/ long presses. Basically i cant use it at all. But if i wanted to end a call using the steering wheel control it works fine. As far as i can tell everything else on the steering wheel functions well and appropriately. 

2. My dash dimmer buttons dont work at all. I honestly had no idea what these buttons even did and had to look them up. I guess it didnt help that they didnt work so i had to look up in my manual how to do it. Anyways ive tried to adjust the dimmer and i had no luck. I tried with the lights on and off. Automatic lights on and off and nothing. I dont see my dash, radio controls, gauges or anything getting dimmer or brighter. 

Havent noticed anything else but gonna keep an eye on things as the weekend comes. 

I will keep yall updated. If anyone has these issues chime in please! 

This may be stupid, but, on my old Colorado, that button only worked when using OnStar to place a call to someone...  It would not work just using my phone connected to bluetooth.

I thought it was stupid...

4 minutes ago, 0REDSOX7 said:

This may be stupid, but, on my old Colorado, that button only worked when using OnStar to place a call to someone...  It would not work just using my phone connected to bluetooth.

I thought it was stupid...

Ive tried it without a phone connected and it doesnt even prompt onstar. 

I thought i saw others saying theirs worked and i swear the manual said it too 

Appreciate the reply tho

Are you talking about the voice command button on the top right side of the steering wheel? That should absolutely be working with your phone connected to Bluetooth and CarPlay. The status of your Onstar subscription should have no bearing on its operation. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

Are you talking about the voice command button on the top right side of the steering wheel? That should absolutely be working with your phone connected to Bluetooth and CarPlay. The status of your Onstar subscription should have no bearing on its operation. 

Yes the one with the top one with the person on it

Edited by Dersch

27 minutes ago, Dersch said:

Yes the one with the little phone on it is what im referring to

The little phone is the button to hang up a call or mute audio. The one above with the little guy talking is the button you want to initiate a call, enter an address to the nav system or change audio sources/channels. 

1 minute ago, jlong1984 said:

The little phone is the button to hang up a call or mute audio. The one above with the little guy talking is the button you want to initiate a call, enter an address to the nav system or change audio sources/channels. 

oops sorry yes that is the button! I wasnt in my truck looking. Its the top button. not the bottom phone button

The button should simultaneously silence any program the radio is playing waiting for the voice command to activate the phone and make a call using a number or voice tag. Once bluetooth has been set up and the phone added to the radio head software. .....If it doesn't silence the radio the system is not operating properly.

Dash lighting operation is overridden or modified by the Sun sensor on the dash and only at full brightness during the day and if "Day" instead of "Night" or "Auto" in Settings.....otherwise dimmer will only work once headlamps are activated (at night) and the green headlight icon is lit in the cluster.

Certain lighting situations will override control of the instrument brightness.  If its pure daylight outside, the IPC lighting will go full bright and stay there and not be adjustable.  If it gets cloudy, the light sensor on the dash will change the IPC lighting to function like at night where the brightness can adjust.

If its dark outside, does it still not adjust for you?  

22 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

The button should simultaneously silence any program the radio is playing waiting for the voice command to activate the phone and make a call using a number or voice tag. Once bluetooth has been set up and the phone added to the radio head software. .....If it doesn't silence the radio the system is not operating properly.

Dash lighting operation is overridden or modified by the Sun sensor on the dash and only at full brightness during the day and if "Day" instead of "Night" or "Auto" in Settings.....otherwise dimmer will only work once headlamps are activated (at night) and the green headlight icon is lit in the cluster.

The button does not do anything. It doesnt silence radio or speak any commands. I can feel the button push in but it doesnt actually do anything. 

I didnt see the auto setting where was that? 

So i turned the head lights on and the dimmer still didn't do anything. Its dark cause it's stormy today and didnt effect anything. 

20 minutes ago, newdude said:

Certain lighting situations will override control of the instrument brightness.  If its pure daylight outside, the IPC lighting will go full bright and stay there and not be adjustable.  If it gets cloudy, the light sensor on the dash will change the IPC lighting to function like at night where the brightness can adjust.

If its dark outside, does it still not adjust for you?  

I will go outside today once its actually dark and try it. 

It was darker earlier tho cause of a storm and nothing changed