Help deciding

I’m in the process of purchasing a 2020 GMC sierra hd 3500 and the dealer has two in the color I want in stock one is a SLT that has sunroof Technology package slt premium plus and x31 off road package the other is Denali with Dinali ultimate package and is around $2000 more than the slt But I do like the grill on the SLT better My question is it worth giving $2000 more for the Denali what extra will I be getting Like   are the seats better /leather a better quality I know there’s some small changes in the color of the trim on the inside Salesman told me there’s no real difference and just to save the money looking for some opinions 

I chose the Denali mainly because I like the Denali grill better.  If you like the SLT grill better and the options are about the same, then I'd go with the SLT.  Other than the grill when the trucks have the same options, there's not much difference.

39 minutes ago, Thankful said:

I chose the Denali mainly because I like the Denali grill better.  If you like the SLT grill better and the options are about the same, then I'd go with the SLT.  Other than the grill when the trucks have the same options, there's not much difference.

Do you know if the seats are different in the Denali versus the SLT

8 minutes ago, john purcell said:

Do you know if the seats are different in the Denali versus the SLT

Have you gone to the dealer yet?

Go put your butt in each, drive them and then make your decision. You will never see the grill while you are driving down the road.

I personally like the Denali better too, but if you plan on any off road activity, probably would choose the X31 package. 

5 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Have you gone to the dealer yet?

Go put your butt in each, drive them and then make your decision. You will never see the grill while you are driving down the road.

I personally like the Denali better too, but if you plan on any off road activity, probably would choose the X31 package. 

I’m in New Jersey and my  dealer is closed because of Covid  everything’s been over the phone I went to the lot and seen the trucks but could not get inside and the salesman knows nothing about the truck Whenever I ask him a question about the trucks he says he hast to get back to me with the answer how he got the job I have no idea 

I had no choice - the seats in the Denali are better, and the back support is taller by about an inch. My wife’s back started hurting in the AT4 seat, and that pushed us towards the Denali. 

Marginally better leather, different seat ergonomics that works for her. She loves the long trips in the truck

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, john purcell said:

I’m in New Jersey and my  dealer is closed because of Covid  everything’s been over the phone I went to the lot and seen the trucks but could not get inside and the salesman knows nothing about the truck Whenever I ask him a question about the trucks he says he hast to get back to me with the answer how he got the job I have no idea 

Kick him to the curb, ask to speak to his manager.

Maybe they can hook you with the keys, there are people on the lot, service should still be open, correct?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Kick him to the curb, ask to speak to his manager.

Maybe they can hook you with the keys, there are people on the lot, service should still be open, correct?

Service is open but I didn’t wanna bother them next week I might try a dealership out of stateService is open but I didn’t wanna bother them next week I might try a dealership out of state

19 minutes ago, john purcell said:

Service is open but I didn’t wanna bother them next week I might try a dealership out of stateService is open but I didn’t wanna bother them next week I might try a dealership out of state

Bother away, you are buying a spendy truck, lots need all of the business they can get right now.

No need to feel guilty for trying to keep their doors open. You are being a loyal consumer.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 7:25 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Bother away, you are buying a spendy truck, lots need all of the business they can get right now.

No need to feel guilty for trying to keep their doors open. You are being a loyal consumer.

frick an A, you are spending 60-70k.........you cant take it back once you buy it, make sure its what you want!....I wouldn't hesitate one bit

3 minutes ago, Dunn said:

frick an A, you are spending 60-70k.........you cant take it back once you buy it, make sure its what you want!....I wouldn't hesitate one bit

$70000.00 for 3500 Denali would be a great deal, right on board with you, if they want to sell a truck, they will figure it out.

6 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

$70000.00 for 3500 Denali would be a great deal, right on board with you, if they want to sell a truck, they will figure it out.

exactly.....if not, go down the street and find one that will....the trucks are all the same, so buying decision comes down to price and or customer service....only thing that seperates the dealers

heck I got a lesse discount last year without ever having leased a car in my life....who knows, who cares.....let them figure it out

Edited by Dunn
  • Thanks 1