Chevrolet Performance Wheels

We're in process of doing some big upgrades for the GM-Trucks.com Silverado. Next week we're going to publish our review of the Chevrolet Performance intake and exhaust. After that we've got the Brembo brakes and Trail Boss lift we're going to install. 

Along the way, we're going to slap these bad boys on. These are just one of the styles of Chevy Performance 22-inch wheels you can get at your dealer. What do you guys/gals think? Has anyone else gotten a new set of Chevy aftermarket rims on their Silverado or Sierra? What did you think of them? Any issues? Anything we should know about? Hopefully we'll have these mounted in about a month. 

Chevrolet Performance 22 inch wheels

I just picked up my aftermarket GM 22's last week. Traded in 22 inch High Country wheels with local guy here. I must admit I love the black and chrome a lot better than the brushed aluminum look. 

20200417_170731.jpg

20200507_135853.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

22 inch Bridgestone Alenza's that were on it from factory. 

I will be glad when my factory Duelers are done, so I can get a decent tire.

Put Michelins on the Tahoe, they are great, huge difference, it had the same tires as you have. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zane said:

We're in process of doing some big upgrades for the GM-Trucks.com Silverado. Next week we're going to publish our review of the Chevrolet Performance intake and exhaust. After that we've got the Brembo brakes and Trail Boss lift we're going to install. 

Along the way, we're going to slap these bad boys on. These are just one of the styles of Chevy Performance 22-inch wheels you can get at your dealer. What do you guys/gals think? Has anyone else gotten a new set of Chevy aftermarket rims on their Silverado or Sierra? What did you think of them? Any issues? Anything we should know about? Hopefully we'll have these mounted in about a month. 

Chevrolet Performance 22 inch wheels

One of the best 22" they make for T1.  Any idea what tire you will be running with them? 

With the 20"s going to 22"s GM does have a reprogram for the ECM and the Power Steering Control module that should be done.  No need for front camera or BCM reprograming however.   

Went stock with the optional dealer installed Chevy 22's with Bridgestone Alenzas on an RST....wanted a softer change in ride from my Z71's with smaller, noisier  aggressive tires on my Z71s.

Happy I wen with the 22"s and dealer calibration of the ECU for the stock tire size puts the speedometer/odometer dead on. Disappointed at first because the ride was stiff and rear axle would hop on a peel out from a turn. At 500 miles rebalanced the tires and at 5000 the suspension, shocks and rear leafs settled down. Just yesterday peeled out from the same turn and what a difference....same road, no hopping and on asphalt a smooth quiet ride. Noisy on concrete roadway but still smooth. Doesn't ride too bad off road either.

No chrome on wheels this time, still have flashbacks of polishing the chrome on my dad's '56 Buick. Even got rid of the chrome emblems and wheel nuts, even around the front bowtie  by going with the lighted option with surround to match the tint in the lenses on the front lights. Only chrome left on the whole truck is the buttons on the door handles that won't take bluing.

DSCN0970.JPG.fa556e1a827f5be7a379bb8d145ea927.JPG

DSCN0968.JPG.de0f33a5e45bd349b0a13882fd29fd8d.JPG

DSCN0969.JPG.279cf7acedbb236065ed4905cb2169de.JPG

Edited by Thomcat
pictures chopped text
  • Like 2

That's a nice looking RST. Those all black look good on your red truck. Great choice.  I am still young at heart and love chrome. My black wheels are first I've ever bought. But I still wanted a little bit of chrome to accent the High Country chrome on truck.

I just installed the AVS aeroskin for my hood. Not even 500 miles on it and caught a rock,  Chipped front end, got some dealer touch up paint, then put shield over it. Since truck is black you really don't even notice it. 

For now, I don't mind the Bridgstones that are on it. They are relatively quiet on the highway.  

I have another set of 22s from an 08 escalade that I am currently removing all the chrome flaking and painting black. They are going to go on this during winter months because here in Midwest, the roads destroy rims. Also contemplating buying older 90's Chevy for those winter months and letting the new one only come out on nice days.  

I had a 2018 Sierra with chrome 22s OE Escalade wheels and 1 winter they were pitting, and I even cleaned them every time I took it out. Here is a pic of that truck. 

20190607_182314.jpg

I just picked up my aftermarket GM 22's last week. Traded in 22 inch High Country wheels with local guy here. I must admit I love the black and chrome a lot better than the brushed aluminum look. 

20200417_170731.thumb.jpg.eeb62c8c84dbe4bf012d4810bf8a2163.jpg
20200507_135853.thumb.jpg.9537b2af9eadc0e6410c7bbf2cf250ce.jpg
Those are the ones I have on my denali, love them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, newdude said:

One of the best 22" they make for T1.  Any idea what tire you will be running with them? 

With the 20"s going to 22"s GM does have a reprogram for the ECM and the Power Steering Control module that should be done.  No need for front camera or BCM reprograming however.   

Still trying to figure out if we want to go stock sizing or a little bigger. I was not aware of the available reprogram. What does it change? Speedo?

12 hours ago, Zane said:

Still trying to figure out if we want to go stock sizing or a little bigger. I was not aware of the available reprogram. What does it change? Speedo?

Great question LOL.  GM has an accessory wheels chart that shows what modules need to be flashed and what not for each stock wheel size  (17-20 inch).  The chart lists "Engine Control Module (Speedometer)" and has a "Yes" for all 3 stock wheel sizes. 

The strange thing is the diameter between the 275/60R20 and the 275/50R22.  In all honesty, it makes no sense to me why it would need it.  Obviously if you had 17 inch or 18 inch wheels, different story.

I had the dealer swap out the stock 20” RST wheels and put on these Chevy 22” Split Spoke wheels and tires before I purchased the truck...was very pleased with the look!

BE1749F8-BA5C-4AA7-B902-A12F45999E8F.jpeg

97517905-BFA3-44BD-A755-F30AD1C51C97.jpeg

Edited by bell1658
  • Like 1

I put these OE Creations PR196 22 GM style on my RST.  They are distributed by Wheel Pros.  Fit and finish is flawless and I'm particular about my wheels.  I went with the Michelin Premier LTX 275/50/22.  I've owned many sets of 22's through the years and these are the best riding quietest 22 I've ever owned.  I've always ran Bridgestone and won't be going back.   This tire and wheel combo balanced out perfect requiring very little weight.  Couldn't be more satisfied.  A friend of mine put the chrome 22 PR197 (like the wheel shown on original post) and he loves them.   No need to spend stupid money on OEM wheels that are no better.  

20190523_170456 - Copy.jpg

20190523_181304-1.jpg

1581221142445_Screenshot_2020-02-08-21-42-50-1-1.png

Edited by mafd2
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 1:26 PM, Likarok said:

Gm is making some very nice looking rims. Put me down though as a chrome polish shiny guy.

Yea I'm with you. I see more around here are getting away from black and going chrome. Some black wheels on some trucks look good but lots just have that "rattle can" looking vibe.

• Like 2