Engine Light - P050D code

2016 Silverado 1500 4x4 Crew cab 96,000 KMs. A couple weeks ago my engine light came on. I took it into the dealership and they told me that I need to replace my fuel injectors. Quoted me $3600. Out of that $3600, $500 is for them to do a R&R of the manifold to figure out what type of injectors my vehicle has because according to the dealership GM did not record which of the 3 styles that were installed at the factory. I find this charge for them to “figure” which ones a complete scam.

So today I filled up the tank of gas and after driving for about 30 mins. the engine light turned off. So do I really need new fuel injectors? If that was the problem wouldn’t the engine light stay on? Any input would be helpful, I don’t want to look like the complete dumb blonde girl when I take it to the dealership next week. Thanks. 

54 minutes ago, imtxic said:

2016 Silverado 1500 4x4 Crew cab 96,000 KMs. A couple weeks ago my engine light came on. I took it into the dealership and they told me that I need to replace my fuel injectors. Quoted me $3600. Out of that $3600, $500 is for them to do a R&R of the manifold to figure out what type of injectors my vehicle has because according to the dealership GM did not record which of the 3 styles that were installed at the factory. I find this charge for them to “figure” which ones a complete scam.

So today I filled up the tank of gas and after driving for about 30 mins. the engine light turned off. So do I really need new fuel injectors? If that was the problem wouldn’t the engine light stay on? Any input would be helpful, I don’t want to look like the complete dumb blonde girl when I take it to the dealership next week. Thanks. 

Welcome to the site.

Did you possibly get gas somewhere different when the CEL came on?

First off just run away from the dealer. $500 to see what kind of injectors, what the hell is that. If they need to be replaced just get the parts yourself and replace them. You will save a lot.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

On 5/29/2020 at 10:37 PM, imtxic said:

Hey man. Check out this post i made explaining the P050D DTC.

Then watch this Video I made. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I have gone through injector hell now, twice. And that was with frequent oil changes, 93 octane, and no V4/AFM mode. They really need to have a class action, like they did on the older equinox for "excessive oil consumption." Just a misfire alone would make me think it's the injectors ON THESE VEHICLES... the p050d makes it almost a guarantee. Of course injectors SPECIFICALLY are not covered under the 5yr/100k warranty, and of course they lowered the warranty on newer vehicles to boot.

I have gone through injector hell now, twice. And that was with frequent oil changes, 93 octane, and no V4/AFM mode. They really need to have a class action, like they did on the older equinox for "excessive oil consumption." Just a misfire alone would make me think it's the injectors ON THESE VEHICLES... the p050d makes it almost a guarantee. Of course injectors SPECIFICALLY are not covered under the 5yr/100k warranty, and of course they lowered the warranty on newer vehicles to boot.
That is just crap luck to have all 8 changed and then it happen again. I haven't heard of anyone that this has happen to, but there is always something happening.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk