Handgun carry

Where or how do you carry in your truck for long or short trips where you may not want to carry IWB/OWB. I know there are holsters for vehicles made to carry a handgun, if so show them up. I have a '16 SLT Yukon, '03 Cobra, and my Trail Boss which I carry in different locations. Here's mine for example which is side pocket for my Kimber Utra Carry II .45 in my TB.

spacer.png

When I am on the way to my deer lease down south I wear OWB the entire weekend. When driving around town if not carrying I keep mine exactly where you do. I think it is very convenient!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotoriousGT350 said:

It is convenient right there. I only have that IWB holster, but I really need an OWB when I head out to the ranch. Guess I'll start looking for a OWB too?

I can not wear IWB - tried some and could not get comfortable. I have 5 pancake Style holsters from Simply Rugged and a heavy duty belt. I highly recommend them. The website is easy and you can call Rob with questions. If you get the right Belt and Holster you will love it. I carry cross draw on my left side so it does not hit my seat belt or my rifle when over my shoulder. Feels real natural to me. Good luck.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not a big fan of going in and out of the holster unless I absolutely need to. It opens the door for unnecessary risk (IMO). 3 o'clock works well but can press on my hips after a while with certain holsters. 4 o'clock is very comfortable but also presses into the leather leaving a small indent. 

Everyone has their own tolerance for risk and that risk shifts when using magnets vs cup holders vs under the dash mounts. 

Depending on what you carry and/or train for. You may consider practicing a draw while seated in your truck and with the seat belt on using a blue gun or something 100% non-lethal. It may help you decide which storage location works best. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 3:20 PM, Snuff said:

I can not wear IWB - tried some and could not get comfortable. I have 5 pancake Style holsters from Simply Rugged and a heavy duty belt. I highly recommend them. The website is easy and you can call Rob with questions. If you get the right Belt and Holster you will love it. I carry cross draw on my left side so it does not hit my seat belt or my rifle when over my shoulder. Feels real natural to me. Good luck.

Simply Rugged holsters are great, especially for wheelies.  I get their holsters with the straps so I can do IWB or OWB.  I've got 2 beltman belts to hold them up when I'm actually belt carrying.  98% of the time though I use a smartcarry holster because I'm too lazy to wear pants, and it's too hot.