I just got a new 1500 crew/short trail boss.  I want to put vent visors on it.

I know some of you have done the same as I searched and read a few threads.

So, what seems to be good quality and good fit?

Which is better, stick on, ( my last truck had those and seemed to work well) or the type that fits in the channel?

Thanks for any comments.

BTW, what does AT4, T1, etc mean?

Edited by overdriv
Question

I just got a new 1500 crew/short trail boss.  I want to put vent visors on it.
I know some of you have done the same as I searched and read a few threads.
So, what seems to be good quality and good fit?
Which is better, stick on, ( my last truck had those and seemed to work well) or the type that fits in the channel?
Thanks for any comments.
BTW, what does AT4, T1, etc mean?

I just installed the EGR slimline in channels and very happy with ease of install and quality.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

My previous 1500 CC had the surface mounted vents. The turbulence with the windows down for the dogs was bad, but the rear slider open helped some. My 2020 CC without visors has real bad turbulence and came without a rear slider to help. I suspect the large towing mirrors are the contributing factor, aside from a more blunt front end than earlier trucks. Anybody see any improvement of the turbulence by adding the vents? May go flush mount this time, but I like the look of the truck without them as well.

On 6/10/2020 at 9:12 PM, Andyh1 said:

I just installed the EGR slimline in channels and very happy with ease of install and quality.

Ditto on the EGRs slimline in channel. 

I stopped at 2 truck/car accessory stores today looking for vent visors.  Neither had them for my truck.

2020 1500 4X4 LT Trail Boss CC/SB

Also they told me that the in channel versions are a problem with the window sensors. Works for some but others it does not.

Any experience out there with in channel vent visors?

I stopped at 2 truck/car accessory stores today looking for vent visors.  Neither had them for my truck.
2020 1500 4X4 LT Trail Boss CC/SB
Also they told me that the in channel versions are a problem with the window sensors. Works for some but others it does not.
Any experience out there with in channel vent visors?
I've had mine in for a few weeks with zero issues.

• Thanks 1

In channel vent visors have been a PIA on my 2011 F150 with window pinch sensors, I'm hoping to have the same clean look of in channels without the sensor interference on my new Silverado, to the OP, thanks for starting this thread.

I have the AVS in channel and have constant trouble with the window pinch sensors and then when trying to override the drivers side sensor, it busted the visor. The passenger side front visor is WAVY real bad. About ready to trash them and try WeatherTech brand

Ive had the EGR vents installed almost since the truck was new. Just recently now the drivers side when the window goes up the sensor in the door sends it back down. I have to shut the truck off to send the window up n stay up.

I had this trouble on my 2014 with in channel visors. This is why I prefer the stick on ones. As long as they are installed well, I have  never had an issue with them coming off. 

I posted wrong, I received my EGR, not AVS, Friday and installed them in about 10 minutes.  My windows don't seem to be bothered by them being there.  Fit fine and make no wind noise I can hear.

They fit very flush with the doors, looks great.