What are you guys using to keep the black plastic black?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 6:32 PM, Bob2C said:

I have seen YouTube videos of people when they ceramic coat their car they do the black plastic as well. Turns it really nice and lasts a long time.

dieselfan1 bought me a bottle of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax which I just started recently to use. OMG! I gave up my Meguiars Ultimate Black on the spot. Not only does it look awesome it's almost self cleaning. My truck is a WT1 with the whole nose black plastic save the bumper and light lens and a good drive in the rain removes the bugs. Kid you not. I've never seen a more hydrophobic product. There might be one but I haven't seen it. KILL' A. No more need of drier sheets for bug removal. No more Nu-Finish or Turtle Ice. No more Rain-X. So...strike my last post on this thread. Heck I'll do it myself. 

dieselfan1 bought me a bottle of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax which I just started recently to use. OMG! I gave up my Meguiars Ultimate Black on the spot. Not only does it look awesome it's almost self cleaning. My truck is a WT1 with the whole nose black plastic save the bumper and light lens and a good drive in the rain removes the bugs. Kid you not. I've never seen a more hydrophobic product. There might be one but I haven't seen it. KILL' A. No more need of drier sheets for bug removal. No more Nu-Finish or Turtle Ice. No more Rain-X. So...strike my last post on this thread. Heck I'll do it myself. 

Nice. I have excellent results with turtlewax ceramic polish as a base then 2 coasts of the ceramic spray coating on top. Yes the bugs come off soo easy for me as well. My car stays cleaner longer too. The best part after I wash I take on the road for a mile and return which leaves very little to dry off. This ceramic stuff is a home run IMO

26519aa1a719fd46fc98e3b1d919d419.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

This product keeps amazing me. I use to hate a night drive, BUGS! Didn't matter what wax I used or what method I used to remove them. I dreaded the after the ride clean up. Half an hour minimum to remove them then a reapply of whatever that weeks flavor was. 

I can wipe down the entire truck in under five minutes now and the nose covered on bugs in under a minute. No need to reapply. Just a damp medium nap micro and they see it and jump off the plastic. Okay, it seems that way. Neighbor came over when he heard me laughing like the village idiot in joy to see if I'd gone mad. :crackup: 

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2020 at 8:40 AM, wacnstac said:

Which of the multitude of products out there are you guys using to keep the black plastic trim around bumpers etc a deep dark black.  I used to use a product from Poorboy's World, but wonder if there is something better now.

https://youtu.be/XXOX4z6uwXo

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Cerakote

Best product so far. Not for rubber or paint/glass/clear plastic. Black plastic only. Masking and cleaning required. Hardest to use of the three I've posted here to date but WOW! Not just the look but the protection. The entire nose of my truck above the bumper is black trim with a fair amount of egg crate that is bug city and has been a pain to clean...until Cerakoted. Removing bugs is almost like peeling off frog tape. Damp Microfiber, medium nap and wipe. Yea, that easy.

Took two ceramic wipes to do the grill, valence and lamp area. 

trim_packet_contents_dark_1600x.jpg?v=1582240981        Some areas were quite faded and now......

IMG_0363.thumb.JPG.c7f09fa8f7f7bd9812afb715f3648ec2.JPG

Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax is still my go to for the rubber parts and of course the paint and clear bra. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear