2018 Z71 shutting off and giving weird error

My wife's 2018 LT Z71 has this weird intermittent issue...  Usually when she is slowing down, often when making a turn, the truck just shuts off.  Not just a stall, but the truck, dash, radio, everything shuts down completely as if she turned the key off.

She has to roll to a stop, put it in Park and turn the key and start it, and when it starts it tells her in the info section next to the speedo, something weird about opening and closing the window?

It's under warranty and I do plan to call the dealer tomorrow, but I figured maybe someone has seen this?  I haven't done anything to the truck recently...  Installed Billsteins like a year ago...  Checked the battery and ground wire, everything is tight, no corrosion...  Truck has 26k miles on it and is well taken care of...  No idea what it could be. No other issues other than occasionally shutting down, and that strange error warning on the info screen.  I googled that and it doesn't seem to be linked to the shutting off, and that error has popped up on trucks, Chevy Volts and Camaros over the past several years...  Couldn't find anything to point me in the right direction...

Hasn't done it to me yet, but it's happened to her like 4 or 5 times now in the past few weeks...

Any idears?

11 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

opening and closing the window

That is telling you to perform a reset of some sort.

The other thing you can do is, pull the key from the ignition, open the drivers door fully, close the door, and then start the truck again, another reset method.

That is weird.  But what would cause the entire vehicle to just power off when driving it, in gear?  It did it today in traffic, going like 8mph and the motor, dash, radio, everything... was like someone just pulled the plug.

30 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

That is weird.  But what would cause the entire vehicle to just power off when driving it, in gear?  It did it today in traffic, going like 8mph and the motor, dash, radio, everything... was like someone just pulled the plug.

Original battery? Maybe the BCM or ECM are failing, you have a communications failure somewhere.

6 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

It is the original battery, but the truck isn't even two years old...  Hope its not the ECM...  I flashed the ECU like 2 years ago with a Superchips tuner....  It's been fine, never any issues, this is something  new...

Factory batteries, in most cases, always exceptions, do not have a very long life.

Odd thing is they almost always check out good, if though they are failing, which leads to all of the electrical gremlins. Big computers need clean, strong power to perform as they were designed.

I guess that's one quick way to check the most obvious though first... I can toss in a new battery this week and see if it makes a difference.  Anything I have to do other than bolt it up and go?  Will it reset anything?

7 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

I guess that's one quick way to check the most obvious though first... I can toss in a new battery this week and see if it makes a difference.  Anything I have to do other than bolt it up and go?  Will it reset anything?

I would push the dealer for a warranty replacement first, or have them install a new one, that way it should be done correctly.

Not saying you do not have the mechanical skills, just think there is a certain way to be safe. No reset of any sort to be done.

All of the problems you mention indicate one thing, you lost complete electrical power. A lot of times it is the ground cable. They do develop corrosion inside of the insulation where you can't see it. The cable will look great on the outside but bad inside. But the cause of the power lost can be any number of things. The battery could have any intermittent connection inside the case. Other ground cables can be bad. Whatever you do you need to concentrate on finding where the power loss in coming from. Take the battery to be tested and during the test, rock the battery like crazy to see if it will fail.

Yeah, that all makes sense.  I have an appt to drop it off at the dealer in the morning.  Explained to them how it is intermittent...  I will put the stock tune back in today before taking it over.  I am sure it isn't that...