2016-17' 1500 SLT Sierra - Comfortable on super long 3k+mile trips?

Hi all!

Looking at buying my first truck. Never owned one before. I've found that a GMC 16/17' 1500 SLT (crew cab) will be perfect for me. Asking your advice. Are these trucks any good for long distance trips?  Planning a lot of domestic travel (also heading to Alaska as well). Was hoping you could provide your input on these. Huge thank you for your help!

Why a truck to travel? Are you towing a trailer? A car will get better gas mileage.

As far as comfort, that's something an individual would have to determine.

I have a lot of miles in pickups having owned them for years. Some years more comfortable than others. Overall no real issues with any of them. Long days behind the wheel can be helped by taking breaks. 

I have taken road trips in a variety of vehicles and my trucks were not a problem.

:)

I bought mine for touring. I knew I would spend money getting it up to my comfort requirements.  Just something I wanted to do. I don't regret it. 

A box car is roomy but I wouldn't call the ride comfortable. There is allot more to comfort than space. I spent dearly on improving the ride and comfort of my 2015 and compared to stock it is light years better and it still isn't half as comfortable as my 2009 Buick La Crosse. 

I love driving my truck solo but when the wife and dog are with me AND the trip is over 300 miles I still take the Buick. We have an SUV and I'll still take the car on longer trips. Under 300 we take the truck. 

That said if you take reasonable breaks and fuel isn't an issue....

You will miss your trunk unless you travel solo.

All of which is IMHO of course. 

Hi all!

Looking at buying my first truck. Never owned one before. I've found that a GMC 16/17' 1500 SLT (crew cab) will be perfect for me. Asking your advice. Are these trucks any good for long distance trips?  Planning a lot of domestic travel (also heading to Alaska as well). Was hoping you could provide your input on these. Huge thank you for your help!

I’ve put a million miles behind the wheel of a truck. I never had a complaint with comfort. As far as efficient a car is more efficient and my opinion comfortable. Cars are more hunkered down and less prone to move around in windy conditions. My wife drives a Genesis. That’s our trip car. For awhile I used a Camry a very efficient and comfortable car. Cars are a real bargain right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk