Bilstein Front Shocks

Question for anyone with knowledge of this type of setup... I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.

I have an AT4 with the factory 2" lift. I also have the RL +2 SST level kit installed (with the upgraded UCA's). 

Could I go up another inch by swapping the stock ranchos with these without messing up the suspension geometry?

Question for anyone with knowledge of this type of setup... I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.
I have an AT4 with the factory 2" lift. I also have the RL +2 SST level kit installed (with the upgraded UCA's). 

Could I go up another inch by swapping the stock ranchos with these without messing up the suspension geometry?

I would highly recommend not going that high. You are already 4” above from a standard model. Yes our trucks have different CVs but I would imagine going 5” total over factory without dropping your differential will hurt the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you would want to set the Bilstein adjustment at the same height as the stock +2” Ranchos fore use with the SST kit

13 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

It will defiantly mess with your geometry, as it is your angles probably look bad

23 hours ago, RadoPhan said:

I would highly recommend not going that high. You are already 4” above from a standard model. Yes our trucks have different CVs but I would imagine going 5” total over factory without dropping your differential will hurt the truck.

both UCA and differential unless he already did one

both UCA and differential unless he already did one

Yeah I think he mentioned he did the UCAs with the ReadyLift SST kit. To be honest, it’s crazy how much people are lifting these trucks with just suspension/spacers. Coming from the Toyota platform, max is usually 2.5” before you have to do drop brackets. Seems like people are going above that on these trucks, some with success and some with failures.

17 minutes ago, RadoPhan said:

Yeah I think he mentioned he did the UCAs with the ReadyLift SST kit. To be honest, it’s crazy how much people are lifting these trucks with just suspension/spacers. Coming from the Toyota platform, max is usually 2.5” before you have to do drop brackets. Seems like people are going above that on these trucks, some with success and some with failures.

Yah, the UCA's are different to fix the angle. I really just wanted to level the truck. Definitely don't want to do anything to cause damage or excessive wear to the it. That's why I went with the RL kit.

I had no intention of adding more lift, but when I saw to +1 on these shocks I figured why not ask...it's just one more inch, and then I'll stop, I can stop whenever I want, I swear.??

Yah, the UCA's are different to fix the angle. I really just wanted to level the truck. Definitely don't want to do anything to cause damage or excessive wear to the it. That's why I went with the RL kit.
I had no intention of adding more lift, but when I saw to +1 on these shocks I figured why not ask...it's just one more inch, and then I'll stop, I can stop whenever I want, I swear.[emoji28][emoji38]

Lol yeah I get it. I’ve been going back and forth on whether I want to lift it or not since I’ve seen some UCA failures. I really like the look on the RL kit with the UCA but it seems like it won’t fit my stock rims and 295 tires so I either leave it alone or buy a lift and new rims. Every truck I’ve owned is a money trap. Trying to avoid the true suspension lifts. Didn’t want to spend 4K+ this time around.

12 minutes ago, RadoPhan said:

I’ve been going back and forth on whether I want to lift it or not since I’ve seen some UCA failures. 

All of the failures I've seen were the early kits not designed for the AT4. Haven't seen anyone report a problem with the RL kit yet.

All of the failures I've seen were the early kits not designed for the AT4. Haven't seen anyone report a problem with the RL kit yet.

Yeah sorry meant OEM UCA failures on any lift above the factory TB suspension. There’s been a few on here lately.