2021 SIlverado 3500HD Allocation and Discounts

Good afternoon folks,

I'll be ordering a 2021 Silverado 3500HD which will be my first custom order. I'm trying to figure out when to approach dealers. I'm in a position to buy as soon as they can build it and get it to me but I know we are likely right at the model year switch over. Anyone have an idea of when dealers will have allocation for 2021 heavy duty trucks? Any advice on targets for pre-incentive discounts? I've traveled to purchase vehicles in the past and don't mind doing so again (or having them shipped). Any advice on the best dealers to work with on this type of thing? I appreciate any other advice you can lend. 

Thanks in advance,

MGP 

laura chevrolet, theres another one in alabama, but really guys get great discounts from all over and pretty sure you can order them now for 2021......basically negotiate dealer discount at time of order but rebates and incentives are at time of delivery.....they dont know what they will be ahead of time......you can always walk away from order

Thanks for the replies. Thought you guys might find it useful to know that Silverados can be ordered now but HD models are not open yet. I found this out when working with a dealer on my build this afternoon. He mentioned that he thought things might open up next week. I didn't talk price with them yet, just got my build straight. Any opinions on % off MSRP, before incentives, that I should target? 

MGP

laura chevrolet, theres another one in alabama, but really guys get great discounts from all over and pretty sure you can order them now for 2021......basically negotiate dealer discount at time of order but rebates and incentives are at time of delivery.....they dont know what they will be ahead of time......you can always walk away from order
https://www.howardbentleyauto.com/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Gabe Bunn said:

I'm in Alabama, do you happen to know the dealership in Alabama? I've been looking at Laura Buick GMC in Collinsville, IL online but would rather get one closer if possible. THANKS

i was referring to Laura in Missouri.....thats the big one i believe

The best offer I've been able to get on a 2021 order is invoice + whatever incentives are available at the time. Fees would be 695 dealer plus tax,tag, title. This is on a 3500HD LT with an MSRP of just over 58K. Anyone seen anything better? 

When is the 2021 hd  getting made/ coming to dealers I was buying a 2020 sierra HD 3500 Denali in the spring and getting 18% off  It was out of state and I didn’t want to fly because of the virus now I don’t care about it as I already got it and 6 weeks clear and the best deal I can get from the same dealer is 10% off And I called around and it seems the same every want to talk to you i tried to order a 2021 but they give me no discounts A buddy of mine works at a Ford dealership and said it’s better to wait until they hit the lot then you’ll get a discount as opposed to ordering at this point I think I’m better waiting for the 2021 what do you guys think

1 hour ago, john purcell said:

When is the 2021 hd  getting made/ coming to dealers I was buying a 2020 sierra HD 3500 Denali in the spring and getting 18% off  It was out of state and I didn’t want to fly because of the virus now I don’t care about it as I already got it and 6 weeks clear and the best deal I can get from the same dealer is 10% off And I called around and it seems the same every want to talk to you i tried to order a 2021 but they give me no discounts A buddy of mine works at a Ford dealership and said it’s better to wait until they hit the lot then you’ll get a discount as opposed to ordering at this point I think I’m better waiting for the 2021 what do you guys think

dealer discount can be negotiated at time of order but rebates and incentives are at time of delivery and no one knows what they will be

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 1:15 PM, M Parr said:

Thanks for the replies. Thought you guys might find it useful to know that Silverados can be ordered now but HD models are not open yet. I found this out when working with a dealer on my build this afternoon. He mentioned that he thought things might open up next week. I didn't talk price with them yet, just got my build straight. Any opinions on % off MSRP, before incentives, that I should target? 

MGP

When I ordered a 2020, that got canceled, they told me which I didn’t know. When you order a truck you get “supplier pricing.” So the SLT GMC I had ordered was $77k built and supplier pricing was $71k then you get whatever rebates are offered off at the time of delivery. Some dealers may give you better, but a worse you should do is supplier.