Bilstein 6112 thread for ‘19-‘20

On 4/14/2021 at 3:30 PM, BowtieBill said:

Looks great! Do you recall what setting you had it installed at? Any sag after 2+ months? Looks real close to level.

Thank you. Set at full 2.0” lift for the 3.0 diesel. I also added a rear block to maintain about 1.0-1.5” rake. It surprisingly looks level but there’s still a rake and I have some wood and deer corn in the back. I have not noticed any sag yet

Edited by Duramax3oh

8 hours ago, BowtieBill said:

I may consider it. But the 5100 only gives 1.5" lift at max setting for the 6.2L Crew Cab. I was looking for 2". I have already purchase 1" rear blocks. 

just use TB 5100 front......and standard rears

or use eibach spring in combination with 5100 standard kit

or use eibach springs and TB kit........lots of options depnding on height you want

Edited by Dunn

10 hours ago, Dunn said:

just use TB 5100 front......and standard rears

or use eibach spring in combination with 5100 standard kit

or use eibach springs and TB kit........lots of options depnding on height you want

Thanks Kirk. I may consider Eibach springs and 5100's up front.

But I would prefer the beefy 6112's. It isn't the end of the world if I have to wait a couple of months. Just disappointing.

On the bright side, I get to wear out the stock tires a little more before I get new Wheels & Tires.

I just dont want it to turn into a situation like the one I had when I ordered new wheels for my wife's car. Summit said they would be shipped in about a week, which became three more weeks, then another month, and so on. It was almost 7 months before I got them. So much for that Christmas gift.

12 hours ago, Duramax3oh said:

Thank you. Set at full 2.0” lift for the 3.0 diesel. I also added a rear block to maintain about 1.0-1.5” rake. It surprisingly looks level but there’s still a rake and I have some wood and deer corn in the back. I have not noticed any sag yet

What do you think of the ride with them at the highest setting? 

12 hours ago, BowtieBill said:

What do you think of the ride with them at the highest setting? 

Absolutely love it. It is a nice firm ride that handles the road elements exactly how I wanted (speed bumps, pot holes, rough roads, railroad crossings, highway undulations, etc). 

Edited by Duramax3oh
  • Like 1

Great news (for me)! After checking around and finding that most web sites that said the 6112's were available, confirmed they were on backorder. Except for one, Shock Surplus, who reassured me they were in stock. I ordered them yesterday morning, they were delivered to my work today. So hope to have everything installed next week.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:50 PM, BowtieBill said:

Just got off the phone with 4WP. They are now saying Bilstein is not expecting the 6112's in until mid to late July.

Very disappointing. 

I have all the other parts here. Going to do a search, but don't think I will find any 6112's available sooner.

For what its worth, I ordered 6112s and 5160s from shockwarehouse.com yesterday.  Both were in stock and shipped today... arrival is scheduled for Saturday. 

2 hours ago, rmac4 said:

For what its worth, I ordered 6112s and 5160s from shockwarehouse.com yesterday.  Both were in stock and shipped today... arrival is scheduled for Saturday. 

Interesting. They were the first company I contacted after I got the news from 4WP, since I bought my rear 5160's through them. Web site said they were in stock, but when I contacted them to confirm, they said they were on backordered until end of May or end of June (I forget which). Worked out OK anyways, got them quick.

Glad to hear you were able to get a set.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the 6112's installed front, 1" block & 5160's in rear. It measures 39.5 at all four corners. I think it looks good. So far I like the way it rides, firm but not jarring.

Now, the hard part. Which wheels & tires..........

2020 Silverado leveled.jpg

• Like 1

What are you guys paying for labor install on 4 shocks, UCA, rear block and alignment?.....I been to 4 places and they want 1k plus which seems crazy high to me.....in so cal LA area

I was thinking $500-600 range for 2-3 hr job they all stated as the install time.....

I could do it myself I just don't have the time 

Edited by Dunn

On 5/1/2021 at 8:03 AM, BowtieBill said:

Got the 6112's installed front, 1" block & 5160's in rear. It measures 39.5 at all four corners. I think it looks good. So far I like the way it rides, firm but not jarring.

Now, the hard part. Which wheels & tires..........

2020 Silverado leveled.jpg

Heavier/bigger tires/rims should soften it up a bit.......tough compromise...cant soak up nasty hits offroad and ride smooth on street....no shock can do both well so always bit of give and take depending on where you want most emphasis on

11 hours ago, Dunn said:

Heavier/bigger tires/rims should soften it up a bit.......tough compromise...cant soak up nasty hits offroad and ride smooth on street....no shock can do both well so always bit of give and take depending on where you want most emphasis on

Personally, I am not looking to soften it up. I stated that I like the way it rides.

I put the 5100 on my 6.2 on the highest setting.  I was planning on the 1.5" but it actually pushed it up over 2".  I measure right at 39.75-40" on all corners.  It has settled about 1/4" over 1000 miles.  It was about 40.25" ish range when they got put on. I am not sure why they pushed it up close to the 5.3 height.  I am hoping it settled about another half inch or so.

It rides really good though. I like the more planted feeling it gives.  Slightly stiffer.  I also have 5100 in the rear, and achieved my 1.5" lift in the back by using RAS.  

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...