Bilstein 6112 thread for ‘19-‘20

Ok I like them so far. Had them installed today at a shop I have use for some time. They do alignment also. A month I installed KYB's 

on my wife's 2014 impala as I was coming down with Covid. Did the rear. Had front strut off but head was pounding. Called it quits told her take it there. For the price with alignment I was like. Lets do this. I set them at 2 inch's when I installed the spring's .  Anyway Just drove home about 8 miles . Definitely stiffer then the RC's . But not jarring by any means. I like it. It raised it to 39.5 inch's  in the front. Where I was at when first installed the RC. I was down to 38.5 driver side 38 passenger with the RC. Can definitely see the difference in the stance. Had 8000 mile on the RC shocks.  I'm hope they maintain the height with the springs . Some loss but not 1.25.  Again 1.25 block in back from my 2009 Silverado. 1/2 to 3/4 rake. Also made 1/2 sway bar  plates to lower them for the slight lift.   2020 RST 5.3 . 

IMG_5521.jpg

IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg

Edited by xsquid

Bob, Thanks for the follow-up and update.

FYI, the 1" rear block kit I ordered from Supreme Suspensions was delivered to my work today. Pretty dang fast, since I just ordered them on Saturday.

Now if the 6112's would just get here.............

I think I added the shocks to my cart again after I ordered them from 4WP . Then they sent me an e-mail  left something behind save 5% good for a couple days. Called them asked if i could apply to my order while I waited for my shocks. They did. Worth a shot. Good luck with your set up. Post some pic. 

Good morning, new to the forum, but not GM. This will be my 3rd. I will be going to pick up a 21 AT4 3.0 Duramax this weekend. I’ve been browsing the forum for a while and have picked up a bunch and appreciate all of the good info on here. I test drove one yesterday and while the ride is better than my 2016, I would like to upgrade the dampers.

I have a close friend that works for Bilstein so I will be going that route but was hoping someone on here could help clarify some questions for me.

1. Going from Bilstein’s website, they only show the 5100s and 5160s (rear only) available for the AT4. From what I’ve read, this is because the 5100s actually have a specific part number for the AT4 and are a longer stroke to account for the factory lift.
  2. Contrary to Bilstein’s website, 4WP shows a ton of options from Bilstein for the AT4. Is this because the fitment is the same they are just assuming you will set the damper to a higher lift position to make up for the factory lift and still achieve stock ride height or why would Bilstein not show these for the AT4 on their website?
    1.  If that is correct and I understand it correctly, the 5100s from the Bilstein website have a longer stroke meaning you could set it as 0” lift and still achieve factory ride height whereas the 6112s and other adjustable models would need to be set at the 2” lift position to achieve factory ride height?
  3. Lastly, it sounds like the consensus on the 5100s is that they are better than stock. I drive 90% on road between city and highway and my off-roading is limited to hunting season, camping and visiting family farms in the country. I don’t Baja or do any fast off-roading and I rarely tow anything but do occasionally have loads in the bed. Would the 5100s be fine or is jumping up to the 6112s a noticeable improvement?

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Sloth0047 said:

Good morning, new to the forum, but not GM. This will be my 3rd. I will be going to pick up a 21 AT4 3.0 Duramax this weekend. I’ve been browsing the forum for a while and have picked up a bunch and appreciate all of the good info on here. I test drove one yesterday and while the ride is better than my 2016, I would like to upgrade the dampers.

I have a close friend that works for Bilstein so I will be going that route but was hoping someone on here could help clarify some questions for me.

1. Going from Bilstein’s website, they only show the 5100s and 5160s (rear only) available for the AT4. From what I’ve read, this is because the 5100s actually have a specific part number for the AT4 and are a longer stroke to account for the factory lift.
  2. Contrary to Bilstein’s website, 4WP shows a ton of options from Bilstein for the AT4. Is this because the fitment is the same they are just assuming you will set the damper to a higher lift position to make up for the factory lift and still achieve stock ride height or why would Bilstein not show these for the AT4 on their website?
    1.  If that is correct and I understand it correctly, the 5100s from the Bilstein website have a longer stroke meaning you could set it as 0” lift and still achieve factory ride height whereas the 6112s and other adjustable models would need to be set at the 2” lift position to achieve factory ride height?
  3. Lastly, it sounds like the consensus on the 5100s is that they are better than stock. I drive 90% on road between city and highway and my off-roading is limited to hunting season, camping and visiting family farms in the country. I don’t Baja or do any fast off-roading and I rarely tow anything but do occasionally have loads in the bed. Would the 5100s be fine or is jumping up to the 6112s a noticeable improvement?

Thanks in advance!

FYI, if I remember correctly, on the 4WP site, it may show up for your truck in the search, but in the part description it may say "for TB and AT4 only" or "Not for TB & AT4".

8 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

Me too!!!

PXL_20210406_195605936.jpg

Looks really good! Do you recall what setting you had it installed at? Is yours a 5.3L or 6.2L? Notice any sag since install?

18 hours ago, Duramax3oh said:

Had my 6112’s for 2+ months now and am just so happy with them still. Glad I went this route. 

84AFEC00-382C-4E8B-8239-563407D905D5.jpeg

Looks great! Do you recall what setting you had it installed at? Any sag after 2+ months? Looks real close to level.

4 minutes ago, BowtieBill said:

FYI, if I remember correctly, on the 4WP site, it may show up for your truck in the search, but in the part description it may say "for TB and AT4 only" or "Not for TB & AT4".

That makes sense, I will check the descriptions. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, BowtieBill said:

Looks really good! Do you recall what setting you had it installed at? Is yours a 5.3L or 6.2L? Notice any sag since install?

Thanks.  I installed them at the third notch (highest setting = 1.2").  Mine is a 6.2L.  They have settled just a tiny bit as expected but nothing noticeable at all.  

Just got off the phone with 4WP. They are now saying Bilstein is not expecting the 6112's in until mid to late July.

Very disappointing. 

I have all the other parts here. Going to do a search, but don't think I will find any 6112's available sooner.

4 minutes ago, BowtieBill said:

Just got off the phone with 4WP. They are now saying Bilstein is not expecting the 6112's in until mid to late July.

Very disappointing. 

I have all the other parts here. Going to do a search, but don't think I will find any 6112's available sooner.

Why not just install the 5100 then?  

https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/chevy-gmc/silverado-1500/2019/bilstein-b8-5100-0-2-5-front-lift-shocks-for-2019-2020-chevrolet-silverado-1500-2wd-4wd/

8 minutes ago, RSVolcom said:

I may consider it. But the 5100 only gives 1.5" lift at max setting for the 6.2L Crew Cab. I was looking for 2". I have already purchase 1" rear blocks. 

• Like 1

Great dampers. They really soak up bumps and take all mush out of the ride. Sucks they are on back order.

I set the 6112s on slot 2 which is .40”

Then I added the N35 Deaver mini pack. Now I will go up to slot 3 or 4. I don’t want to go a full 2” without new front 1/2 shafts.

damn 90 out photos smh.

9B224F7B-DA42-414E-8016-B8E11B2C5542.jpeg

7DD965A2-5F66-4A8D-9D10-90DFDD90E966.jpeg

4957C876-498D-4FDF-A4BE-21A400E845AB.jpeg

Edited by GK Hill
  • Like 1