ANOTHER COld Air Intake Thread!

43 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

See I told ya they'd come out!! Hook, line, and sinker..

Here is a dyno video just for proof! They do make a difference.  Here is just one of many FACTS that prove they work. 

Here is another Dyno showing 5HP to the wheels!

I've always considered 5 to be "a few."  Funny how the first video, where the guy plugs the company for 10 minutes, produces even better results.

2 minutes ago, Salsa De Piña said:

I've always considered 5 to be "a few."  Funny how the first video, where the guy plugs the company for 10 minutes, produces even better results.

I never once EVER claimed big HP gains. What I have stated is that they do help and they do INCREASE performance.  The facts don't lie. These are dyno results from our K2 and T1 trucks. PROOF! 

Have a good one

classactions are a boondogle... the "attorneys" make millions while claimants get a coupon for a BOGO free meatless whopper. Just end up costing consumers more in the end.

There’s a plus to it as well, In the long run, the consumers will be even more protected from BS marketing schemes from companies false advertising. You can get so much more by tuning a motor for far less than strap on parts.

https://www.carriagedriving.net/best-programmer-for-5-3-silverado/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An unlocked E90 ECM for 2019+ GM trucks is $1400.

https://www.hptuners.com/product/e90-modified-ecm-purchase-ecm-exchange-service/

A custom tune and 10 credits are needed on top of that. I don’t think it gets done for less than $2500, it’s a huge pain in the ass with a ton of downtime. And at the end of the day you have a totally voided powertrain warranty with your literally hacked, physically modified ECM...

Getting anything you can out of an intake and exhaust is a bargain in comparison. In terms of effort, in terms of cost, in terms of result.

Tuning a 19+ makes no cost/ benefit sense whatsoever unless you put a blower on it. And then I’m sure you’ll run into problems with the whole two valves per cylinder thing some people think is the restriction. Better let the NHRA know...?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

The facts don't lie. These are dyno results from our K2 and T1 trucks. PROOF! 

You don't find it odd that the facts change based on how much sponsorship the video appears to have?  One guy gets 5 HP, the other guy gets 15 HP. Heck, if they paid me, I'd probably get 50 HP!!!*

*Actual horsepower gains may vary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Salsa De Piña said:

You don't find it odd that the facts change based on how much sponsorship the video appears to have?  One guy gets 5 HP, the other guy gets 15 HP. Heck, if they paid me, I'd probably get 50 HP!!!*

*Actual horsepower gains may vary.

NO I don't because it's 2 different trucks. One is a K2 and the other is a T1

regardless of what you think, I have proved all the nay sayers wrong that they don't improve performance and they DO show in increase in HP

And absolutely HP varies with each application/vehicle, but they do show a HP gain, period! 

10 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

An unlocked E90 ECM for 2019+ GM trucks is $1400.

https://www.hptuners.com/product/e90-modified-ecm-purchase-ecm-exchange-service/

A custom tune and 10 credits are needed on top of that. I don’t think it gets done for less than $2500, it’s a huge pain in the ass with a ton of downtime. And at the end of the day you have a totally voided powertrain warranty with your literally hacked, physically modified ECM...

Getting anything you can out of an intake and exhaust is a bargain in comparison. In terms of effort, in terms of cost, in terms of result.

Tuning a 19+ makes no cost/ benefit sense whatsoever unless you put a blower on it. And then I’m sure you’ll run into problems with the whole two valves per cylinder thing some people think is the restriction. Better let the NHRA know...?

Well said and spoken

The older gentlemen who owns a K2 and not a T1 doesn't understand this statement because he doesn't own one. Complete nonsense he spouts off all the time. Should probably stay on K2 site where he belongs!

There’s NO 100% guarantee that anyone’s truck will gain but there’s one thing for sure, many have already stated that they’ve noticed ZERO gains. Lack of experience shouldn’t down play the older much more experienced as well as never believe everything they see on the internet.

The US government doesn’t involve itself in policing companies marketing, only private individuals do, hence class action lawsuits. Many will say that class action lawsuits are negative in the long run, totally opposite, look at GM, telling “MILLIONS” of its customers that everything is normal, that’s how they get you until you’ve had enough.

Hey, you want to throw your money away, that’s your business, I just don’t like immature, naïve and seriously lack of experience (mostly due to age and economics) promoting something they perceive to be true with ZERO proof of their own DYNO testing. All companies claim there’s is the best, until you install on yours. Every screwup needs a pat on their back sometimes, pushing something that’s not true is how class action lawsuits end up.

There’s not one company out there that hasn’t gotten in trouble by pushing their strap on parts with little to NO gain but definitely reported losses.

I’ve heard, for these highly restrictive EPA driven T1’s that GM has a 15hp boost tune option when building their trucks or after, not sure. Question is, will you actually notice a difference by just a strap on, is it really going to make a difference in air consumption when the computer controls the amount allowed no matter the size of the hole or amount air?

I’m done here, just know that the more experiences in life, the more gains are sure to follow.

1ceb6325b0f0ccb109f8ca5c2ec85677.jpg

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

NO I don't because it's 2 different trucks. One is a K2 and the other is a T1

regardless of what you think, I have proved all the nay sayers wrong that they don't improve performance and they DO show in increase in HP

And absolutely HP varies with each application/vehicle, but they do show a HP gain, period! 

I never said there'd be no horsepower gains.  I said they'd be minimal at best.  The 5 horsepower gained in the one video is on the order of a rounding error, and the 15 horsepower gained in the other needs to be taken with a truckload of salt given the amount of product promotion in the video.

But if you're going to believe every bit of advertising thrown your way, I'll stay tuned for your report on the tornado air intake and fuel line magnets.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Salsa De Piña said:

I never said there'd be no horsepower gains.  I said they'd be minimal at best.  The 5 horsepower gained in the one video is on the order of a rounding error, and the 15 horsepower gained in the other needs to be taken with a truckload of salt given the amount of product promotion in the video.

But if you're going to believe every bit of advertising thrown your way, I'll stay tuned for your report on the tornado air intake and fuel line magnets.

Again, I proved there are gains.  You believe what you want to believe, I could careless. One truck is a K2 the other is a T1. I think you are like the other older gentlemen on here and just like to argue with people just for sake of it?!? 

Better yet, come on down with a 6.2L that is fully stock and I'll take mine with exhaust and CAI and I guarantee I beat you! What will your excuse be then?? 

I've got numerical data my truck performs better with the exhaust and CAI on it. Those are the facts. 

Also to prove even more, I have a buddy who has a GMC Sierra SLT with 6.2L and 3.23's just like my truck but his is stock, and my truck beats his truck in a drag race.  Want anymore proof

Edited by TNTSilverado

I don't know what you want.  I said there might be minimal horsepower gains at higher RPMs.  I'm happy for you that you have the fastest truck in all the land.  My stock 5.3 cowers in fear.  My only consolation is that it's a truck and its purpose was never to win drag races in Iowa.

14 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Want anymore proof

I'd just like some proof that's more than anecdotal or obvious advertisement.

• Like 2

Stock truck will easily beat or show identical results to any same exact vehicle with just a CAI. I installed a CAI on my 14, with horrible results. I added E85 to it and helped but out of at least 30 vehicles, two have had CAI, all three had zero effects unless tune was performed.
In the late eighties I installed a performance filter in my twin turbo, didn’t like it. The owner of the Porsche shop laughed and said Tune it dummy, hows it going to know to suck in more air. Today’s motors are no different, every other 3-4 years, new motors come out, same ******, marketing hasn’t changed but the experienced consumers know that the brains of the operation dictate the operation and management.

My dealership is selling a GM performance exhaust for about $1k, advertising “up to” 10hp gains. I asked what he thought, he said it just makes more noise and then we laughed

I like to drag race my truck every now and then. I’m stating it because that’s the way I know my truck has gained performance by numerical data and drag racing the same type of truck that is stock. Believe what you want and spend YOUR money on what you want. I just proved they help performance 

good day

Back when optima batteries came out, I was on it like bees on honey. Installed it in my lifted LandCruiser and sure enough, it left my ass stranded in Arizona for a whole night. Apparently, what works for one person doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to work for another especially since my battery compartment was completely sealed not allowing heat to dissipate which cause immediate failure. Bought an Odyssey for my wife’s Yukon, two months later it needed replacement cause it couldn’t handle the added lighting in the grill [emoji848]. Just a couple examples out of many on how things don’t always work as advertised but hey, the packaging and wording sure looks damn good.