ANOTHER COld Air Intake Thread!

Getting proof from a manufacturer isn’t proof that it works on your vehicle, it’s wishful thinking. So, unless someone has actual proof and not pics off the internet, shouldn’t make claims that this actually adds hp or torque especially from a butt Dyno. Ok ok, just had to throw that in [emoji112][emoji112]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Weird so much hate on a CAI. They improve your exhaust note, improve engine sound and add throttle response. They look better under the hood. They can help improve fuel economy however you typically get on it more with the intake.

you can get a really good one For about $300. I spent over $1000 on my tonneau cover . I never see people hating on tonneau covers ? 

bunch of yahoos in here , go find something better to do you old crusty asses.

Ill be waiting for your typical responses after Matlock.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I posted proof but as I predicted, it didn’t matter.

Did you go for a drive this evening?  I'm pretty sure I felt the Earth move.  That must have been your CAI!

But seriously, your CAI might have gained you a few horsepower at the top end.  Guess what?  A ten degree (freedom units) ambient air temperature change can change horsepower by 2%.  Twenty percent humidity swing is another 1%.  Wind, pavement conditions, fuel level, dirty filter, etc... There are countless things that can affect your 0-60 times other than a CAI, but if that one time you "scientifically" tested it with a $150 dongle and saw a "considerable" 0.2 second improvement gave you a cool story to brag on message boards, you have fun with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, great thread, dig the back and forth.

It's just something you put under your hood, it makes a little more power then the stock set up. In my opinion, it sounds better then having an exhaust, that constantly make a racket, and a loud racket when the throttle is applied, the intake roars just a bit in the lower rev range with throttle, but nothing that is annoying. My 2500 doesn't even know what fuel milage is, so that's a moot point on my end.

I don't think these guys are saying that the CAI's don't make power or sounds, just not as much as the manufactures claim, I don't think any of us really care one way or the other.

5 hours ago, BossTaco2020 said:

True, and I actually appreciated your posts on this. It's some of the other grumpier people who seem to jump on these threads as if its their life's mission to shout down anyone who is considering a CAI. I don't expect a self-congratulatory echo chamber, I expect good conversations without the same people beating a dead horse without any facts to back them up. But that's just me...

And I did find that ignore user button...that's cool! Now I can browse this forum in peace without a cantankerous ursine interjecting his old outdated opinions that I don't care to hear.

But did ya use it? 

:rollin:

OP asked for input. Your not the OP.

• Like 2

Funny that of everyone, I’ve still done more to prove that they do have a benefit than any of you have proved they don’t. And man, I don’t even sell the goddamned things! 

I’ll bow out, and let you guys mindlessly parrot back internet myths about CAIs with no data, no testing, and no personal experience. You make your case against CAIs so strongly, I never had a chance, what with my facts and data, and all that. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Funny that of everyone, I’ve still done more to prove that they do have a benefit than any of you have proved they don’t. And man, I don’t even sell the goddamned things! 

I’ll bow out, and let you guys mindlessly parrot back internet myths about CAIs with no data, no testing, and no personal experience. You make your case against CAIs so strongly, I never had a chance, what with my facts and data, and all that. ?

These guys would argue with a winning lottery ticket if they had a chance.  “No way, can’t be, I won?”  “Are you serious?” “I don’t believe you!” 
“I’m just gonna throw this away, There’s no possible way even though I’m looking at the numbers it could be true!!”??

you have proved them all wrong and they just aren’t men enough to say, “ya your right”. 

• Like 1

The facts are that we’ve all tried them, especially me through all the years, mostly cause they looked nice but then again, who’s going to be under the hood? Someone that really doesn’t care.

They’re hit or miss as the manufacturer has a completely different environment setup for a positive test and I’m sure they too had many failures prior to “finally” finding the right setup for their test.
Ever wonder why every box has the exact same hp & torque ratings for every box on the shelf? Just from their one test which believe me took them a very long time to tune etc etc.

Point is, in Fuel Injection vehicles it’s a hit or miss as the computer tells how much air to take in and 90% of these stupid things have open box filters that suck in air from the super hot engine bay which how’s that a cold air intake?? And for the ones that are enclosed like the ones I had, suck air from the lower front grill, isn’t that somewhat as hot (I live in Texas) considering the temperatures are super hot on the blacktop?

No one is telling anyone not to do it, we’ve got the experiences that most have not which is why there’s no proof other than a butt Dyno.

Add 6 gallons of E85 to your tank and then top it off with super unleaded and you’ll get much more power out of your engine than any CAI can give and for annual cents on the dollar. And, if it makes you feel better, you can leave your CAI sticker on your vehicle and make yourself believe it’s that. Either way, try the E85 and you’ll not only have an improved performance but a cleaner fuel system as well as smell fries and chips lol.

Another note, wondering if a CAI would be more beneficial by adding 6 gallons of E85 as it’s burning faster, producing more power, requiring more oxygen. Just a thought!

On 10/1/2020 at 10:19 AM, TXGREEK said:

There’s a plus to it as well, In the long run, the consumers will be even more protected from BS marketing schemes from companies false advertising. You can get so much more by tuning a motor for far less than strap on parts.

https://www.carriagedriving.net/best-programmer-for-5-3-silverado/

The charlatans are still able to troll for suckers via "just some average guy" youtube videos.

• Like 1

But did ya use it? 

:rollin:

OP asked for input. Your not the OP.

Hey Grump, here’s a used but lightly used Air raid for you if you’re interested? For Sale Airaid MIT with Dry filter Part # 201-752
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=33003&share_tid=243617&share_pid=2461728&url=https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/243617-For-Sale-Airaid-MIT-with-Dry-filter-Part-%23-201-752/page__view__findpost__p__2461728&share_type=t&link_source=app

This sort of thing happens all the time when people hear what they don't want to hear.

Ya know, like your broker calls and says he's lost all your money.

NO!

That can't be true!!

I don't want to hear that!

Your fired.

(to late) 

:lol:

What we have here is a grumpy old bear saying, "He's going to loose all  your money" and a third party saying .....

19 hours ago, BossTaco2020 said:

a cantankerous ursine interjecting his old outdated opinions that I don't care to hear.

Physics isn't an opinion and the laws of physics are not theory and....they are not mine,

but hey, he is right about the last part and I thank him for making my point for me.

It isn't what he want's to hear no matter how true it is.

So sad....:sigh:

It's a hard way to learn.

• Like 1

This sort of thing happens all the time when people hear what they don't want to hear.

Ya know, like your broker calls and says he's lost all your money.

NO!

That can't be true!!

I don't want to hear that!

Your fired.

(to late) 

default_lol.gif

What we have here is a grumpy old bear saying, "He's going to loose all  your money" and a third party saying .....

Physics isn't an opinion and the laws of physics are not theory and....they are not mine,

but hey, he is right about the last part and I thank him for making my point for me.

It isn't what he want's to hear no matter how true it is.

So sad....default_sigh.gif

It's a hard way to learn.

There’s the Grumpy I know! [emoji1303]