Range Auto Stop Disabler Qs?

childstoys

Installed this yesterday.... Seems like it works. I haven't noticed my truck shutting off at lights anymore, which is the intended purpose. That said, I would think the the Auto Stop indicator light / button would go out if the system was disabled? I noticed it is still lit and I can still press it and turn it off manually.

Just curious, can I still enable the Auto Stop feature by pressing the button and turning it off then back on? Or does it do nothing regardless and I have to remove the dongle to re-enable the Auto Stop feature?

The whole Auto Stop thing has driven me crazy for the entire 4 days I've owned the truck, but I could see myself using it if I were to be in bumper to bumper traffic on the highway or something. I haven't really had time to mess with it yet. I only have a 2 mile commute to work.

20 minutes ago, childstoys said:

Installed this yesterday.... Seems like it works. I haven't noticed my truck shutting off at lights anymore, which is the intended purpose. That said, I would think the the Auto Stop indicator light / button would go out if the system was disabled? I noticed it is still lit and I can still press it and turn it off manually.

Just curious, can I still enable the Auto Stop feature by pressing the button and turning it off then back on? Or does it do nothing regardless and I have to remove the dongle to re-enable the Auto Stop feature?

The whole Auto Stop thing has driven me crazy for the entire 4 days I've owned the truck, but I could see myself using it if I were to be in bumper to bumper traffic on the highway or something. I haven't really had time to mess with it yet. I only have a 2 mile commute to work.

I'm surprised that the truck gets warm enough for auto stop/start to work during a 2 mile drive to work. 

• Like 1

Everyone seems to hate the start stop feature but the auto companies say you will like it, just drink the Kool-Aid…  I am glad that the 2 vehicles that I drive the most have defeat buttons, some do not.  That is a deal breaker for me, I hate it.  If I could order one without it and pay my “carbon foot print tax”, I would do it.  I do understand that the less than .1 mile per gallon that you save in fuel adds up over the fleet average so they are not going away anytime soon.  I wonder how the diesels like the start stop.  I always thought diesels are more efficient when they are idling or maybe that is old school when the big trucks never shut them off for fear of not restarting in the cold.

57 minutes ago, redwngr said:

I'm surprised that the truck gets warm enough for auto stop/start to work during a 2 mile drive to work. 

The previous few days days it did turn off at both lights. I did drive it around a little last night and it didn’t turn off.

Still not sure why the light stays on. I saw a couple videos on another disabling hack and the light turns off and the truck just remembers the state you leave it in from the previous time it was driven. I was expecting the same from the Range device. 

I just don't see why people buy a disabler to turn it off just a waste of money when you can just press the button on the dash and turn it off. I got into the habit of starting the truck moving hand to the right and pressing the button down to turn it off. Yeah you have to do it on every restart but so what. When you start the truck 98% of the people go for the radio controls so what's the difference?

Good thing some of these people didn't live back in the day where you had to physically turn your head lights on. 

When I drive the Traverse or the Equinox I get in put it low and press the button to shift up to 9 in the Traverse or 6 gear in the Equinox and I go on my way that disables the auto stop in those vehicles. No big deal.

Edited by Silverado4x4
  • Like 2

My truck doesn't have it, be swmbo's gm ride does. 

When I drive her rig, I don't turn it off unless it annoys me.  

Between the times the day is too hot or too cold (out of temp range) or the HVAC hasn't got vehicle inside close enough to temp, or engine and trans temps aren't yet into range, or tow/haul is in play or it's a trip that has very few stops anyway I find that I often just let it ride.

I've also learned to predict traffic movement an lift my foot off brake a little sooner so it will be started by the time I need the throttle.

After it has activated, it can also be shut off by lifting foot off brake and then reapplying brake. 

It won't activate a second time during that stop.  (I think that's because it requires a minimum speed be reached between auto stops) 

Anyway, I don't find it to be a big enough issue that I'd spend money to change it. ;

I'm finding that the more often I drive it, the less often I shut it off. 

I can use one of the built-in override methods a lot of times for the cost of a plug in unit.

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

I have the combo auto/DFM stop and the light stays on. I’ve had it for several months and it works like a champ. The only way I know to disable the disabler is to unplug it. I’ve hit the auto stop button and the light turns off but doesn’t change the disabler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes less than a second to turn it off. Why spend money and install a device to turn it off?

Just me. I really don't care what other people do.

I tried using it in my city and it worked OK but when I got into Houston bumper to bumper traffic I was uncomfortable with the engine turning itself off so I just pushed the button.

Now I don't use it at all. I just press the button when I start up.

It takes less than a second to turn it off. Why spend money and install a device to turn it off?
Just me. I really don't care what other people do.
I tried using it in my city and it worked OK but when I got into Houston bumper to bumper traffic I was uncomfortable with the engine turning itself off so I just pushed the button.
Now I don't use it at all. I just press the button when I start up.

Because it also disables DFM not just autoshow/start [emoji2361]

Ryan B.

When they going to put out DFM stop for 6.2 10spd?

I’m running the current version on my 6.2/10speed and have been for some time. They work on some of the trucks. I bought directly from Range and said if it didn’t work I could return or hold for an Update once available.

Ryan B.
  • Like 1

I’m running the current version on my 6.2/10speed and have been for some time. They work on some of the trucks. I bought directly from Range and said if it didn’t work I could return or hold for an Update once available.

Ryan B.

Interesting, didn’t know that was an option. I see they update their stuff every so often saying it’s in the works, but that’s all. I may ask them. You call them or buy online?

I purchased the Range device, I just need my truck..

After an exhausting search, I take delivery of my 6.2 LTZ today.

I plan to plug this device in the moment I get in the truck.

I hope I have the same experience as others here.

I'll report back..

Rich

Interesting, didn’t know that was an option. I see they update their stuff every so often saying it’s in the works, but that’s all. I may ask them. You call them or buy online?

I bought online then spoke to them via FB and then on the phone

Ryan B.
  • Like 1