A ticking noise from wheel well when parked and off

Hi all,

I'm new to this site, and joined because I'm having an issue with my 2018 Yukon with 22k miles.

Last night, I parked the vehicle in my garage and today I when I went in my garage, I could hear a ticking noise. The noise is similar to a battery operated wall clock but it is clicking faster then once a second, closer to twice a second. It took a while to figure where the sound originated from, but finally, I found that I hear the sound the strongest coming from the drivers front wheel-well. I started the truck with hopes that it may reset whatever it is, but unfortunately it didn't.

To clarify, this does not sound like exhaust or an engine cooling, the truck has been started in 18 hours. When I did just started it, it started fine and I could not hear the ticking with the engine running.

Does anyone have any idea what may be powered up and that could cause a ticking sound?

Thanks, and I'm glad to be on here, hopefully, I can get and maybe even offer future ideas.

Bob

He said the noise is there with the vehicle off, so it's not anything pump related.

I'd need the vehicle in front of me to better figure out where the sound is coming from. The fuse/relay box is on the drivers side and maybe I'd be looking there.

Does the truck have magnetic front shocks?  Mine on the rear wend bad;.  When not on level ground you could hear the air compressor trying to level the truck, but it went off when I turned the truck off.  Sounded  similar to what you describe.  I have also hear what you are describing up front, but it does go off.  Good luck. 

3 hours ago, CamGTP said:

He said the noise is there with the vehicle off, so it's not anything pump related.

I'd need the vehicle in front of me to better figure out where the sound is coming from. The fuse/relay box is on the drivers side and maybe I'd be looking there.

Thanks Cameron, that is a good place to start. Thanks for your time in this matter.

Ps. keep warm, I'm originally from Stillwater, I'm glad to be in Florida.

1 hour ago, Russ Swift said:

Does the truck have magnetic front shocks?  Mine on the rear wend bad;.  When not on level ground you could hear the air compressor trying to level the truck, but it went off when I turned the truck off.  Sounded  similar to what you describe.  I have also hear what you are describing up front, but it does go off.  Good luck. 

I have know idea if I have magnetic front shocks. However, I do have the load leveling ones for towing in the rear, and my issue sounds much different than the rear leveler.

1 hour ago, Robert Elmers said:

I have know idea if I have magnetic front shocks. However, I do have the load leveling ones for towing in the rear, and my issue sounds much different than the rear leveler.

Being a Denali, you have the shocks on all four corners.

Are you one hundred percent sure the noise is coming from the front? Reason I ask is the compressor for the AC makes similar noises in the back of our Tahoe while the truck is off.

Edited by JimCost2014

On 9/19/2020 at 9:15 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Being a Denali, you have the shocks on all four corners.

Are you one hundred percent sure the noise is coming from the front? Reason I ask is the compressor for the AC makes similar noises in the back of our Tahoe while the truck is off.

That is interesting news, I wasn't aware the front had them too. Maybe the front ones sound different then the rear ones, but this sound was not similar to the rear pump sound.

Anyhow, I drove to work on Sunday, and when I got home, parked the vehicle and haven't heard the sound since. I"ll keep listening for it again.

Thanks again for the info on all four shocks being leveling ones.

Bob

10 hours ago, Robert Elmers said:

That is interesting news, I wasn't aware the front had them too. Maybe the front ones sound different then the rear ones, but this sound was not similar to the rear pump sound.

Anyhow, I drove to work on Sunday, and when I got home, parked the vehicle and haven't heard the sound since. I"ll keep listening for it again.

Thanks again for the info on all four shocks being leveling ones.

Bob

We may be on the wrong page, I am not sure exactly what the "load leveling" parts are, but this is what I ma describing for the shocks.

MAGNERIDE%20CHASIS%20PHOTO%20AND%20TEXT%20REV.jpg