Add the Safety Package after purchase?

MReeder

I brought my 2020 Silverado home today thinking I didn’t care if it had the safety package. I think I was wrong. I’m wondering if it’s possible to add the safety package after fact?  I know it was a $940 option so I imagine it will cost quite a lot more to add it now. Just wondering. 

Too late.  All that stuff is thoroughly integrated into the various computers.  Not to mention, that you'd need to add equipment that the truck is not wired for.  Today, you need to make darn sure the truck is equipped the way you want it.  The days of just bolting something on after the purchase are pretty much over as far as electronics go. 

PQB         Safety Package, includes (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist, (UKC) Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert and (UFG) Rear Cross Traffic Alert
On LT -  Includes Perimeter Lighting. Requires (PCL) Convenience Package. 2WD models include (V76) front recovery hooks. Not available with (DPO) trailer mirrors. 
On RST and TB -  Includes Perimeter Lighting. Not available with (DPO) trailer mirrors. 
On LTZ -  Includes Perimeter Lighting. 2WD models include (V76) front recovery hooks. Included with (PDF) LTZ Plus Package, (PDK) LTZ Premium Package or (PDL) LTZ Texas Edition.

Not to sound sexist but in our house we call it the wife awareness package. My lady doesn’t have much experience driving a big truck but she loves to drive it. I got the package mainly for when she is parking etc. 

Also I live on a fairly busy road that I have to back out of my driveway. I had it on my last truck and it’s saved my butt many times. I appreciate it on a daily basis. 

It’s all a matter of perspective I guess. Adding it in theory is possible but not even realistic as mentioned.  I have a Sierra that is premium plus, and the parking sensors and blind spot are well worth it in Houston. The rear cross traffic alert helped one time when a “wayward” child ran behind my truck backing out at Home Depot due to inattentive parents(don’t even get me started on that).

Saw this the other day. Gotta want it pretty bad @ $900 bucks but it’ll give ya part of the OEM safety package features in a clunky aftermarket package.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Driver+Assistance/ch.Blind+Spot+Detection.Archived

I would probably just trade the truck.

is this something that White auto and media might be able to add perhaps? I know I've seen someone add parking sensors in the front on K2 trucks but I don't know if that would work if you don't have any sensors at all or what parts that would entail.

Thanks for all the feedback fellas.  I just kept having this feeling that I was missing out on something.  I've never had it before and don't really use it on rental cars.  Perhaps it was more of a case of I don't want to scratch my pretty new Chevy parking it!