2020 Sierra HD Light Bars?

36 minutes ago, Schmidty said:

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Would love to see more photos of it at night and on during the day!

Also, you have any more pictures/insight as to how you specifically wired it up? i would love to do something like this... but would have to figure out how to get the grill off first....

No problem at all I’ll grab some tonight then tomorrow I’ll get some during day. The wiring wasn’t bad once I figured out the wiring as it had 2 relays into one switch to control the DRL then the rest of the bar. I used fuse taps to tie into the high beams and ignition 

7 minutes ago, mx_master said:

No problem at all I’ll grab some tonight then tomorrow I’ll get some during day. The wiring wasn’t bad once I figured out the wiring as it had 2 relays into one switch to control the DRL then the rest of the bar. I used fuse taps to tie into the high beams and ignition 

nice! can't wait to see it. would love to find a complete tutorial on how to remove the front grill, if you followed on to get back there!

out of curiosity, any reason you didn't do it in the lower valence opening, in/below the bumper instead? that's where I'm thinking I want to put mine.

8 minutes ago, Schmidty said:

nice! can't wait to see it. would love to find a complete tutorial on how to remove the front grill, if you followed on to get back there!

out of curiosity, any reason you didn't do it in the lower valence opening, in/below the bumper instead? that's where I'm thinking I want to put mine.

I was going to but then seen another guy mount it here and I liked it as well as their is a nice steel mount on the truck in this spot that worked perfect.I do a lot of winter driving so figured it would stay a little cleaner up higher. No I didn’t find a manual online to take the grill out. It was basically take the top plastic clips out then I believe their was some bolts up top to take out then the grill just pops out it’s a good little pull. Then I had to pull the black plastic by the headlights out to make room to get the grill out and unplug the harness for the camera in the front. I also has to cut the black plastic that was mounted to the chrome to get the lightbar in. 

Edited by mx_master
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mx_master said:

I was going to but then seen another guy mount it here and I liked it as well as their is a nice steel mount on the truck in this spot that worked perfect.I do a lot of winter driving so figured it would stay a little cleaner up higher. No I didn’t find a manual online to take the grill out. It was basically take the top plastic clips out then I believe their was some bolts up top to take out then the grill just pops out it’s a good little pull. Then I had to pull the black plastic by the headlights out to make room to get the grill out and unplug the harness for the camera in the front. 

copy that! yeah, the pulling and yanking of pieces off the truck scares me... and without fully understanding what i'm pulling, i don't want to break anything. 

looks great man! does it improve visibility a bunch? thanks again for sharing!!

Edited by Schmidty

1 minute ago, Schmidty said:

copy that! yeah, the pulling and yanking of pieces off the truck scares me... and without fully understanding what i'm pulling, i don't want to break anything. 

looks great man! does it improve visibility a bunch? thanks again for sharing!!

Yeah man I was so nervous! Yeah I love having it specially since it’s ties to the high beams then I can use the auto high beam button and don’t have to worry about turning the bar off and then the high beams.  I might put a 3 way switch in later so I can also manually turn the bar on when in low beam but not sure yet. 

On 10/20/2020 at 9:19 AM, needfulgolfer said:

I put one in the same place on my AT4, those circular metal pieces that are attached to the bumper ended up working perfectly. Upside of the AT4 is that you can just pop the top part of the grill off and stick your hand through the slots to position the bar.  I never took the whole thing off.

What size light bar did you use?

1 hour ago, needfulgolfer said:

20”

Nilight ZH409 20Inch 420W Triple Row Flood Spot Combo 42000LM LED Light Bar with Heavy Duty Off-Road Wiring Harness, 2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082F4W617/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6eILFbME2YQ59?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I've searched and haven't been able to find any examples of the Silverado grill. I just ordered an LTZ so I'm curious if anyone has mounted any behind the grill in basically any model that doesn't have the HC grill? Did you use a single bar or multiple smaller bars. Looking at the pictures of the front end of the Chevy it looks like I could probably mount it in the same manor as mx_master and it should like up with the bottom row on the grill just above the bumper. 

• 4 months later...
On 10/19/2020 at 11:14 PM, mx_master said:

One with the Fog lights is the DRL mode on the lightbar then the picture without them is high beams on witch then turns on all led ‘s in the lightbar. 

8AA3C04F-B452-43DC-B87F-4DE06F11354C.jpeg

CD0C8488-ACFD-4541-911A-9FE8E94A4737.jpeg

Did you end up looking your light bar with the DRL feature? How is it holding up? This is a clean install! Well done.

On 2/16/2021 at 8:54 AM, Rozz522 said:

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I've searched and haven't been able to find any examples of the Silverado grill. I just ordered an LTZ so I'm curious if anyone has mounted any behind the grill in basically any model that doesn't have the HC grill? Did you use a single bar or multiple smaller bars. Looking at the pictures of the front end of the Chevy it looks like I could probably mount it in the same manor as mx_master and it should like up with the bottom row on the grill just above the bumper. 

I have an LTZ that does have the shutters behind the grill.  This leaves almost no room for even small light bars.  I wanted some good light output so I ended up mounting a 40" curved marine light bar to the bumper (32k lumen).  It's not hidden by any means, but I don't think it looks too bad and kind of breaks up the large grill area a bit.  I did first try to find something that would fit in the small slot at the bottom of the grill, but nothing that slim had very good output.

IMG_2044.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest Phobby

40” Black Oak curved fits easy in the new Grills. At least buy Rough Country lights, those Amazon ones are trash. But if you want to put trash on a nice truck, that’s all you.