Radio issues, they are the following:

1) won’t turn on when vehicle starts

2) will make a loud screeching sound then turn off

3) during these malfunctions, you will loose all cameras, on star menu, directions, etc.

will be taking this back to the nearest dealership, under warranty work. 
I have talked to a lot of other people who have experienced the same thing and they were all told that the radio needs to be replaced

• Sad 1

Really?  You talked to "a lot of other people" with that problem?  That's really unusual, as if it were at all that common, there would be A LOT of people bitching about it here.  Like say, the rear window leak thread is...

How about just taking it in to the dealer and seeing what they say about the problem.

What do you expect as a response to your post?

In your initial post, you indicated that you WILL be taking it to the dealer to have them look at it, and now it's you HAVE taken it to the dealer?  Which is it?  If you already took it to the dealer, what was the result?

It's too bad something went wrong with your truck, but that is exactly what the warranty is for.

Having a radio problem also,  mine is running such that a change in program no matter what it is, volume, fan control, application changes all take 5 to 15 seconds to respond even a simple button press could take awhile to get a response. Bluetooth to telephone will pick up all my contacts and tells me it is good for calls in and out but the phone will not receive or send calls. Android auto will work sometimes for some things, the term intermittent comes to mind. 

The unit has been checked at the dealership and was hooked up to GM Tech. so they could look at the problem. GM claims they have not seen that problem before. Their conclusion was defective radio and a replacement is on order, of course they are on Back Order at the factory, go figure. Dealership is telling me in other vehicles, with bad radios, they have waited up to 6 months for a replacement.

Not something I wanted to hear on a new truck.

Oh, I guess I should have asked for  davester's permission to post this first, seeing he is leaving the impression that there is something wrong about posting a problem because that's exactly what warranty is for and by golly he is a Senior Enthusiass.

47 minutes ago, InTrouble said:

Having a radio problem also,  mine is running such that a change in program no matter what it is, volume, fan control, application changes all take 5 to 15 seconds to respond even a simple button press could take awhile to get a response. Bluetooth to telephone will pick up all my contacts and tells me it is good for calls in and out but the phone will not receive or send calls. Android auto will work sometimes for some things, the term intermittent comes to mind. 

The unit has been checked at the dealership and was hooked up to GM Tech. so they could look at the problem. GM claims they have not seen that problem before. Their conclusion was defective radio and a replacement is on order, of course they are on Back Order at the factory, go figure. Dealership is telling me in other vehicles, with bad radios, they have waited up to 6 months for a replacement.

Not something I wanted to hear on a new truck.

Oh, I guess I should have asked for  davester's permission to post this first, seeing he is leaving the impression that there is something wrong about posting a problem because that's exactly what warranty is for and by golly he is a Senior Enthusiass.

Not sure why he is commenting in this section anyway...his signature says he drives an 04 3500.  Not that there is anything wrong with that of course . With 3,361 posts, Im pretty sure this isn't the first time he's been unhelpful and reached troll status on someone elses genuine issue. This is the trouble shooting thread, right. Geez! BTW, my radio sucks too, every day. Does all kind of crap!

what trolling?   The O.P. is the one with the trolling "I've got this problem, so it obviously happens to everyone".  He didn't indicate doing anything to resolve the problem, so, with a new truck, the first thing you do is drag it to the dealer to get them to fix it, which I suggested.  Then he changed his story that he had already taken it to the dealer, but didn't say what the result of that visit was.

He didn't ask about troubleshooting the problem, he was just bitching about having one.

If he had written all that (minus the bs about "I have talked to a lot of other people who have experienced the same thing and they were all told that the radio needs to be replaced") and that he had already taken it to the dealer, and the dealer didn't fix the problem for whatever reason, I wouldn't have posted in this thread.

If you read the comment again, maybe, you may have the same opinion I did, that he had already taken the truck to the dealer about the malfunctioning radio.

"will be taking this back to the nearest dealership, under warranty work."

Maybe you just jumped to a conclusion that wasn't there.

21 hours ago, davester said:

what trolling?   The O.P. is the one with the trolling "I've got this problem, so it obviously happens to everyone".  He didn't indicate doing anything to resolve the problem, so, with a new truck, the first thing you do is drag it to the dealer to get them to fix it, which I suggested.  Then he changed his story that he had already taken it to the dealer, but didn't say what the result of that visit was.

He didn't ask about troubleshooting the problem, he was just bitching about having one.

If he had written all that (minus the bs about "I have talked to a lot of other people who have experienced the same thing and they were all told that the radio needs to be replaced") and that he had already taken it to the dealer, and the dealer didn't fix the problem for whatever reason, I wouldn't have posted in this thread.

Trolling at its finest!  You provided no helpful information while speaking offensively hoping to invoke an negative emotional response.  You don't own a vehicle remotely close to the one thats being commented on, therefore you have zero personal experience with the issue. You provided no helpful information.  You said he claimed it must be happening to everyone, which he did not.  A lot of people is different than everyone, just so you understand.  His resolution on fixing the issue was bringing it back to the dealership under warranty work, you may have missed that part.  You didn't suggest anything that he had not already stated bud.  Theres no bitching in his statement either..he's simply stating the problems with his radio, so maybe he can gain knowledge from others with the same experience and see if they've had good luck with repair.  Also, he may have already been to a dealer, hence the words, bringing back to the nearest dealer, indicating a prior visit.  Ive had mine "updated" already twice by the dealer, but is still acting up regularly .  Why is it bs that he says that he's talked to a lot of people??  Impossible that he's part of another forum besides this one?? Or that he has ran into a few people with a bad radio??  Btw, there are plenty of people on this forum expressing issues with this radio, me being one of them.  My conclusion is this, you don't own this truck, therefore you just don't know what your talking about.  Go monitor another thread and maybe this guy will get some help, and we can all learn something. 

• Like 1