+100rwhp/tq 5.3L all stock with tune only

Local dyno shop posted this...

2016(on dyno sheet)/2017(on FB post)

Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L - stock

Base pull: 213rwhp/275ft-lb tq

Final tune: 319rwhp/378ft-lb tq

https://m.facebook.com/InternationalDynoAuthority/

Anyone seen this done before?

Is the statement misleading as the base # may be very low for off the lot which makes final number look like a significantly higher gain?

Is it normal for a 2016 or 2017 5.3L to only put down 213rwhp at WOT bone stock?

Screenshot_20201029-214715.png

Edited by COP TZR

That's a bunch of crap. A stock 5.3 on the dyno should do roughly 300/330ish with ease. That is factoring in a ~15% drivetrain loss.

I agree that the final numbers are more normal looking but the torque seems a little high. Gaining ~15-20hp on a really good tune on 93 octane seems about right.

Edited by CamGTP

Both graphs say it never went over 96mph, so the speed limiter wasn't it and AFM wouldn't enabled under throttle like that.

Something held back the power or they never actually went full throttle. Nothing would cause the power to drop off so drastically like that. Such low first run numbers are complete user error here.

It's stupid on their part to claim 100hp/tq gains like this. What if a truck came in and made 295hp and 315tq before any changes and they still make those claims. That goober that doesn't know any better is going to think he walking out the door with close to 400hp and will think he's being jipped when the print out comes to 315/355.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Both graphs say it never went over 96mph, so the speed limiter wasn't it and AFM wouldn't enabled under throttle like that.

Something held back the power or they never actually went full throttle. Nothing would cause the power to drop off so drastically like that. Such low first run numbers are complete user error here.

It's stupid on their part to claim 100hp/tq gains like this. What if a truck came in and made 295hp and 315tq before any changes and they still make those claims. That goober that doesn't know any better is going to think he walking out the door with close to 400hp and will think he's being jipped when the print out comes to 315/355.

Am on phone and no sleep, good catch actually reading the info. What do you think if they were in manual shift mode and upshifted a bunch. Guy says they had pedal to the floor.

Yea BS for sure.  My 2019 old body 5.3 did 267rwhp baseline (don't remember what dyno was used) and had nice power and torque curve from the get go. 

Something was off or wrong with that truck.  Look at the curves.

Edited by newdude

9 minutes ago, newdude said:

Yea BS for sure.  My 2019 old body 5.3 did 267rwhp baseline (don't remember what dyno was used) and had nice power and torque curve from the get go. 

Something was off or wrong with that truck.  Look at the curves.

When some said they pulled the pinecone out of the intake, thats likely dead on. Well maybe not a pinecone lol, but they probably blocked the exhaust. It would cause more loss at the top of the rev range just like the graph.

10% chance incompetence

90% chance dishonesty 

Edited by truckguy82

1 hour ago, truckguy82 said:

When some said they pulled the pinecone out of the intake, thats likely dead on. Well maybe not a pinecone lol, but they probably blocked the exhaust. It would cause more loss at the top of the rev range just like the graph.

10% chance incompetence

90% chance dishonesty 

A story this is 10% true is 100% misleading ? 

326hp at 4800 rpm at the rear wheels from a NA 5.3 motor? 

The next claim will be the sun will not rise tomorrow and I have a chart to prove it. 

Elvis isn't dead and I have a photo.

Hey, heard it on the internet so it must be true.

The only curve that looks remotely LT based is the second one.

I checked out his facebook. They definately got the gm and ford dyno's mixed up, maybe even some other vehicles. lol

123218587_3757918487573876_3253654136817635221_o.png?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=fSCF_vTwpFYAX8-LaY6&_nc_oc=AQnSwvdh6I5Pp6deQ0SjS0ac1xDjkKEKSyWaizzO7s3Rsc8I4kZLGS1VT6G5awOh2yyyyqPQq3vn3xrNCvufmWNH&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc4-1.fna&oh=67dca4d12482cb6b9886a3aa96c2ff1f&oe=5FC2C45E

123312507_3757918847573840_7542339778056903738_o.png?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=LAf6Vv2itMQAX-PVR4Y&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc4-1.fna&oh=0f3b021b6107e5a377e337242a894c34&oe=5FC1067E

Edited by M1ck3y

hmmm, I might be driving to Ontario! Every single dyno of his shows crazy gains. Maybe he's like... the car whisperer.. 

There's no way you'd stay in business if your found to be liar right? Sooner or later someone would call bullshit?