New Spyder LED Headlights - Installed ‘19-‘21 Silverado

Looks good. Better than the yellow halogens. I surmise the headlights are still used as the DRL's instead of the strips? The only thing I've noticed on Spyder lights in the past is that the LED strips are more of a dim glow and not bright because they are florescent and not LED. Probably because they stay the same brightness day and night and not like the OEM DRL's which are bright (high power) during the day then go to low power at night. What high/low headlights are you running?  They come stock with halogens.

Edited by mafd2

10 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Looks good. Better than the yellow halogens. I surmise the headlights are still used as the DRL's instead of the strips? The only thing I've noticed on Spyder lights in the past is that the LED strips are more of a dim glow and not bright. Probably because they stay the same brightness day and night and not like the OEM DRL's which are bright (high power) during the day then go to low power at night.

So the LED strips are not used as DRL. They only come on when you remote start the truck or when you actually turn the lights on. Since they are plug and play they utilize the low beam as the DRL just like the normal halogen lights

2 hours ago, mafd2 said:

The strips are CCFL (florescent) and not LED. What high/low headlights are you running?

So this housing calls for a H7 instead of a H11. It comes with those bulbs. I upgraded the H7 low beam with a LED by Beam Tech. 

Looks nice. Be sure you get hem aimed correctly. Go on an even slad and use mortar lines on a brick wall or similar to be sure they are same height. If you get flashed, bring them down a tad until the cut off line on the projectors is right. Not sure if you know but LED or HID headlights voids the warranty but I would've changed the halogens myself. Aftermarket LED headlights put out a lot of heat and have melted some housings.

one of first things i did was upgrade to LEDs.....mine worked out perfect as far as cutoff.....i used a wall like dude above said and almost identical, haven't been flashed once in 6 months and my truck sits pretty high....

my neighbors business upgrades sprinter vans into fancy overlander type vehicles and he brought a brand new one home other day and even that had halogens......those are 50-80k though this one was probably closer to 50k......still cant believe halogen even exist anymore

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the look of these pretty good! Spyder quality has come a long way since I had a set on my 2009 Silverado. 

I hate that GM went back to halogens on some T1 trims. Every K1 produced 2016+ had bixenon projectors - even the work trucks. Now someone who spends a lot of money on a Custom or Custom TB gets halogens? Bean counters at it again...

On 1/5/2021 at 3:13 PM, BluegrassMotorsport said:

I like the look of these pretty good! Spyder quality has come a long way since I had a set on my 2009 Silverado. 

I hope they are good. It wasn't exactly easy to replace them. LOL

I don't want to do it again anytime soon.