Diesel off-road package

Johnjr

Yes it is available only in Lt trim, on the build/price on Chevy website. It blows my mind you can only get these 3.73 gears in a chevy, not Gmc and only in this trim! The trailboss/At4 is only available with 3.23, these are lifted and could potentially have bigger tires on them and could benefit from the lower gear ratio.

Did you drive the diesel with 3.23 vs the 3.73 that you have before buying? Can you feel a difference? Is there a big difference in rpms cruising? Thanks 
No i didnt, i have heard the 3.73 is better acceleration and better engine braking, but i dont have any experience. I dont drive above 65 mph much, but on the highway drive to my cabin and back i average about 28-30 mpg.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It’s a pretty sweet package that you can get on a RST or LT.  If I could have got it with the LTZ package I would have jumped on it, especially since I tow and plan to go with oversized tires. That being said my 3.0 with the 3.23s does pretty good towing with factory sized tires right now

Edited by pewterliftedz

I would like to buy an ltz with this package also, I would love to talk to one of the pencil pushers that work for GM and probably drive toyotas what goes through there minds when they make these decisions! 

• 1 month later...

I want to order one so bad, but refuse to deal with this back window issue.Until I hear it has been solved I’ll keep using  in my 04LLY as a daily driver! I am almost 60 years old bought  this truck new still  runs like new but still rides like ****** !I want to have a half ton for a daily driver to work.

On 11/8/2020 at 6:06 AM, John Sarappa said:

Yes it is available only in Lt trim, on the build/price on Chevy website. It blows my mind you can only get these 3.73 gears in a chevy, not Gmc and only in this trim! The trailboss/At4 is only available with 3.23, these are lifted and could potentially have bigger tires on them and could benefit from the lower gear ratio.

While the 10 speed definitely helps , it would be nice to have the 3:73 option for all trims. This has been discussed in many different threads. Seems like majority of trucks get 3.23. Why not charge for a 3.55 and 3:73 package. People will pay for it. 

• Like 1

I am a old man and have ordered many many GM trucks .You always had a choice of five or six axle ratios I know we only had three speed transmissions back then but with more people putting big tires on and modifications for a small up charge people would definitely pay for different gears! That way the Prius driving pigs that work at GM could justify offering it.