1-2" lift options for 3.0L diesel?

Sorry for the new post.  I did ALOT of searching and only saw one thread discussing 3.5" lifts on the baby DMAX.  I have the 2020 Silverado RST Z71, and I would like to do a small lift of 1-2" along with some new wheels and tires.  However, my research tonight indicates I might have a problem with transmission lines when lifting the diesel.  I was simply curious if any of my fellow oil burner enthusiasts have experimented and what the results were?

Love to have your thoughts.  Thanks.

PS.  I absolutely LOVE the look of Trailboss75's truck.  Best looking truck I have seen, IMO.  I'll try and link the picture here, but that is the exact look I am trying to duplicate.

Edited by James Eberhart
added content

LM2 is not available on either trailboss truck, so lift on a diesel equipped truck would need to be all add-on.

Curb weights for CK10543  (4wd, shortbox, crew)

(2.7L) L3B - 4920lb

(4.3L) LV3 - 4940lb

(5.3L) L84  - 5000lb

(3.0L) LM2 - 5290lb

(6.2L) L87 - 5390lb 

5 hours ago, pewterliftedz said:

I’ve got a 3.0 diesel, and I used Eibach leveling struts and set them at 1.5” of lift.  Also added a 2” rear block from a Trail Boss.  I’m not a fan of leveling spacers on the front 

0606782C-00EA-41ED-82C6-552042C18ABB.jpeg

did you add the chrome fascia on the front bumper or did your truck come with it?  I want to add that to my LT

17 minutes ago, andrewb24 said:

did you add the chrome fascia on the front bumper or did your truck come with it?  I want to add that to my LT

My truck came with it, it’s a LTZ with the front and rear bumpers wrapped.  Also it has a black grille bar from a Trail Boss that I added. 

01B96202-98B5-4642-AE11-612CCDBC4ADC.jpeg

So it's not lift, but rather a level kit, 2.5" front, 1.5" rear all from Suspension Maxx.  It is however a 3.0 Duramax.  I liked the stock rims but changed the stock tires to a Ridge Grappler 305/45/22.  I'm happy with the way that it turned out, ride is same as stock, appearance is better IMO.  Good luck on your search and congrats on the truck.   

4B75C001-EC89-465E-9F53-5B3CC073D173_1_105_c.jpeg

7432E70D-72D5-4B2B-B95F-39260D2879F3_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 6:40 PM, James Eberhart said:

Sorry for the new post.  I did ALOT of searching and only saw one thread discussing 3.5" lifts on the baby DMAX.  I have the 2020 Silverado RST Z71, and I would like to do a small lift of 1-2" along with some new wheels and tires.  However, my research tonight indicates I might have a problem with transmission lines when lifting the diesel.  I was simply curious if any of my fellow oil burner enthusiasts have experimented and what the results were?

Love to have your thoughts.  Thanks.

How much you willing to spend?

http://www.kingshocks.com/products/oem/gm-oem/

On 11/12/2020 at 9:46 AM, 1Silverado9 said:

F8822AA3-BB64-4477-B70F-6FE2375C271A.jpeg

That looks great!

Was there any issue installing the GM 2inch Lift(Trail Boss Lift)?  I have been trying to research it and all the parts descriptions I find exclude the Deisel Models from the compatibility lists.  I have a 2021 LT Duramax and want to install the OEM 2" lift that is on the trail boss models but was wondering if it was compatible.  Do you know the part number for the kit you used?

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, Tchiz33 said:

That looks great!

Was there any issue installing the GM 2inch Lift(Trail Boss Lift)?  I have been trying to research it and all the parts descriptions I find exclude the Deisel Models from the compatibility lists.  I have a 2021 LT Duramax and want to install the OEM 2" lift that is on the trail boss models but was wondering if it was compatible.  Do you know the part number for the kit you used?

Thanks!

So it looks like the 2inch GM lift is not recommended if your vehicle is equipped with the rear “composite” leaf springs...however I believe my RST 3.0 Z71 came with steel leaf springs...but I am going to double check...but I have not had any issues with the lift at all drives very smooth! I did take the truck back due to sone clunking noise which resulted in the lower control arm being lose but that was a quick fix...

Edited by 1Silverado9