Adjusting torsion bars for snowplow

I have a 2020 2500HD with the plow prep package. I ran my plow all last year with no issues, but just upgraded to a new plow that is about 250 lbs heavier. The truck drops 1" with the plow raised, which isn't bad. I have heard that the trucks with the plow prep are designed with HD torsion bars that are meant to be adjusted when you install a plow. I have been searching all over here, and google, and can't find anything that specifies it for sure, or how to adjust them. Has anybody else heard about this, or know where I can find the info? I have never adjusted the keys on any of my previous trucks. 

If you crank the the torsion bars in the winter, you should lower it back in summer or you will have alignment issues.  

Another option would be to add counter balance in bed of truck near the tailgate.

#iworkforGM 
You'll have alignment issues immediately after cranking. Everything I've read and after cracking torsion bars in the past, an alignment is required when cranking them up. Then another when adjusting back down.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Alignment will only be out if the ride height is changed from the original no plow height. 

As long as the ride height with the plow and bar adjustment is the same as the no plow and no adjustment height the alignment will be fine.  

Thanks everyone for the replies. I looked under the truck, and it is just a standard torsion bar adjustment. From what I had read somewhere a while ago there was something that was different about the 2020's than just turning up the torsion bars. I don't have  a need to turn them up, I will just keep it as is. The truck will still see a lot more miles without the plow on, then with it on. I have plowed heavy commercial for years, and never adjusted the bars on those trucks, and never had any issues, even keeping the trucks to 300,000 miles. I got out of commercial last year, and only plow about 20 driveways, and they are within a 5 mile radius of me. Also, I have around 1500 lbs in the bed at all times with the cap and tools, so I have a good ballast.  

• 2 weeks later...