Traction control, stabilitrak, brake fluid

I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 and just this year when the cold weather started, in the mornings when I start driving I get traction control off, stabilitrak off, and brake fluid low messages. I don't lose power and nothing else happens. After the sequence the traction control turns back on. It does it when I start accelerating and sometimes just random while driving. Anyone having this problem? 

Thank you. I checked and my fluid was just below min in the reservoir. I filled it to halfway between max and min and will try it in the morning to see what happens. I will update tomorrow. It's crazy that it would only do it on the really cold mornings but when it warned up it wouldn't do it anymore. Had me really confused. 

I filled the reservoir about halfway between min and max so not to overflow later hopefully. I haven't had any issues since then. Why they can't just put up a "Brake Fluid Low" warning I don't understand. Instead they make it seem like your computer is freaking out and your truck is about to blow up! lol

Thank you @Eddie 70

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackedout Chevy said:

I filled the reservoir about halfway between min and max so not to overflow later hopefully. I haven't had any issues since then. Why they can't just put up a "Brake Fluid Low" warning I don't understand. Instead they make it seem like your computer is freaking out and your truck is about to blow up! lol

Thank you @Eddie 70

Glad to hear that helped clear the light. The brake fluid does not go away unless you have a leak somewhere. The main reason fluid level goes down is brake pad wear. You might wan to give the brake pads a peek and see how they look or you could wait on the tell tale to hit the disc and make noise.

3 hours ago, Eddie 70 said:

Glad to hear that helped clear the light. The brake fluid does not go away unless you have a leak somewhere. The main reason fluid level goes down is brake pad wear. You might wan to give the brake pads a peek and see how they look or you could wait on the tell tale to hit the disc and make noise.

Yeah I figured it was the brake wear once you mentioned checking it. 63k miles so I may be getting close to a brake job. It was just at the min line but with the cold temps it was causing it to not flow easily. Again the simplest thing for them to do is have it advised low fluid and not sound alarms like ticking time bomb haha. Again thanks for the help. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...