3 dead unlit buttons

Cupton

Can anyone think of a scenario where these 3 buttons, Recirculate, Defrost, and Defrost/Feet would or should not be illuminated? Am I missing something? They do function and when pressed the little yellow/orange pill does light up to show it’s on. It’s just the icon itself on the button seems to be dead.

a84c1bf19da9022f485ec2cb023475fa.jpg

My recirculate button is like that.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I never noticed it until driving home tonight. Maybe it’s always been like that and that’s how it’s supposed to be or something has gone haywire on me. Thought I’d ask here and get a census. Was thinking maybe “Auto” disabled them since it’s cold out and snowing. Sometimes (more often than not) the truck is smarter than me.

Thanks all. Something to mention and get fixed when I go in for my 30k mile oil change and tire rotation. At the rate I’m driving that won’t be for another few months! Maybe I’ll schedule something before that. It’s gonna drive me nuts.

30 minutes ago, Cupton said:

Thanks all. Something to mention and get fixed when I go in for my 30k mile oil change and tire rotation. At the rate I’m driving that won’t be for another few months! Maybe I’ll schedule something before that. It’s gonna drive me nuts.

I would say it is a bad HVAC control unit, if the buttons are not working at all. Don't think you can replace the bulbs either, been like that for the last few body styles.

10 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

I would say it is a bad HVAC control unit, if the buttons are not working at all. Don't think you can replace the bulbs either, been like that for the last few body styles.

Everything seems to be working except for the lighting on those 3 buttons. I’ll create an appointment to have it looked at. Warranty time!