New Style T1 off road assist steps?

What year is this truck a 20 or 21. I have a 2020 trail boss but the GmParts folk say they don't fit the 2020 model year, what could they have changes in one year to say that. Will these fit a 2020 without modifications to the frame. Thanks for any responses. 
I mounted to my 2020 AT4. They came from a 2021 HD. Same same.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

The High Clearance steps were installed on my 21 AT4 when I bought it - I think they look great but to be honest, as a step, they are not too helpful for my girlfriend who is 5' nothing.  The steps are almost at the same level as the sill so it was difficult on entry.  I took them off and put on a set of Amp Research retractable steps and like them much better

Annotation 2021-04-23 080435.png

On 4/23/2021 at 8:05 AM, reno360 said:

The High Clearance steps were installed on my 21 AT4 when I bought it - I think they look great but to be honest, as a step, they are not too helpful for my girlfriend who is 5' nothing.  The steps are almost at the same level as the sill so it was difficult on entry.  I took them off and put on a set of Amp Research retractable steps and like them much better

Annotation 2021-04-23 080435.png

Do you still have them? I'll take them off your hands! I live in Houston.

• 3 months later...

FYI, these steps have already been discontinued by GM.  At least for Chevrolet anyway.  I ordered a 2021 Trail Boss for stock recently and was surprised to see that they had gone back to the original style off road step pictured below.  I like the other one a lot more.  

2019 Silverado 1500 Assist Steps, Crew Cab, Black, Sport Step, Short or  Standard Box, Set of 2 | 84742421

Edited by GearheadSS

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2021 at 7:05 AM, Bama Hunter said:

The high clearance rails for the AT4 have 2 part numbers - 84630475 and 84630474, no one can tell me the difference and I can’t seem to find the specs online.  Ideas?

84630474 = Sierra Crew Cab

84630475 = Sierra Double Cab

These are hard to find right now.  My new AT4 came with nothing and I need something.  I prefer going OEM so I'm looking for these or the older off-road steps.

I have a set that came off my 2021 AT4 the first month I had it.  I traded them out for some Amp Research steps but now I'm cleaning out my garage and will let them go for $550.  You'll have to pick them up from Humble, TX (Northeast of Houston).

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, TxTruckMan said:

84630474 = Sierra Crew Cab

84630475 = Sierra Double Cab

These are hard to find right now.  My new AT4 came with nothing and I need something.  I prefer going OEM so I'm looking for these or the older off-road steps.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:55 PM, TxTruckMan said:

I actually read on another forum that these steps have already been discontinued?  Anybody know what's going on?

GMpartsdirect.com seems to have these in stock for ~$900. I just went to place my order and was a bit shocked at the $300+ shipping charge. Yeah f-that... They are likely to stay in stock a long time with those shipping costs. As much as I like the look of the high clearance steps I might have to go with something else.

GMPD always shafts you with shipping cost. I would try the dealership, some of the dealerships can order you parts at cost depending on who you know or at least tell you of a dealer that has the part in stock near you. That's how I get a majority of my stuff.

9 hours ago, fastk9dad said:

GMpartsdirect.com seems to have these in stock for ~$900. I just went to place my order and was a bit shocked at the $300+ shipping charge. Yeah f-that... They are likely to stay in stock a long time with those shipping costs. As much as I like the look of the high clearance steps I might have to go with something else.

GMPD was who showed the part as discontinued previously. I asked my dealership parts department about them a few weeks ago and they were listed as constrained and not orderable. Now places appear to be showing them available. I have an appointment at my dealership tomorrow and plan to see what’s up now. If they available at a reasonable price I will buy a set. 

I was at my dealership today and they had three pairs in stock.  I was able to swing a 10% discount and brought a set home with me.  I hope to install them tonight and be done with the whining from my family about not being able to get in my truck.

• Like 1