New Style T1 off road assist steps?

2 hours ago, TxTruckMan said:

I was at my dealership today and they had three pairs in stock.  I was able to swing a 10% discount and brought a set home with me.  I hope to install them tonight and be done with the whining from my family about not being able to get in my truck.

Sounds like your dealer is hiding all the unicorns. Enjoy!

On 10/5/2021 at 10:30 AM, shakenfake said:

GMPD always shafts you with shipping cost. I would try the dealership, some of the dealerships can order you parts at cost depending on who you know or at least tell you of a dealer that has the part in stock near you. That's how I get a majority of my stuff.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:56 PM, TxTruckMan said:

GMPD was who showed the part as discontinued previously. I asked my dealership parts department about them a few weeks ago and they were listed as constrained and not orderable. Now places appear to be showing them available. I have an appointment at my dealership tomorrow and plan to see what’s up now. If they available at a reasonable price I will buy a set. 

Oh, my dealer can get them now, even listed on the accessories website... for OVER MSRP! It would be cheaper paying the $300 shipping from GMPD. lol

I asked if they can come down/match price, will see what they come back with. 

3 hours ago, fastk9dad said:

Oh, my dealer can get them now, even listed on the accessories website... for OVER MSRP! It would be cheaper paying the $300 shipping from GMPD. lol

I asked if they can come down/match price, will see what they come back with. 

They are back on the site now.  $1145 is what the dealer quoted me.  That appears to be MSRP.  I got them for $1050 I think - 10% off.  $900 + $300 shipping is still much higher.

They're a little pricey, but I like them so far.  Very grippy.  And I like how they're tucked up high to preserve ground clearance.  I'm sure they'll be hard to clean though because of the texture.

16 minutes ago, TxTruckMan said:

They are back on the site now.  $1145 is what the dealer quoted me.  That appears to be MSRP.  I got them for $1050 I think - 10% off.  $900 + $300 shipping is still much higher.

Yeah, the $1145 is what GMPD has listed for MSRP which is what I was going off of. My dealer however is selling them for $1259.50, and that's parts only, not even the installed price, which is why GMPD even with shipping would be cheaper.

I've searched every online parts site and shipping is always outrageous on these steps. I did find one parts site that had them listed in the low $900s and shipping brought it to $1055, close to your deal. I may go that route if I can't get my dealer down to at least that price.

Still waiting for a call back, I'm not holding out hope though. lol

Capture.JPG

Edited by fastk9dad

1 hour ago, fastk9dad said:

Yeah, the $1145 is what GMPD has listed for MSRP which is what I was going off of. My dealer however is selling them for $1259.50, and that's parts only, not even the installed price, which is why GMPD even with shipping would be cheaper.

I've searched every online parts site and shipping is always outrageous on these steps. I did find one parts site that had them listed in the low $900s and shipping brought it to $1055, close to your deal. I may go that route if I can't get my dealer down to at least that price.

Capture.JPG

Buy them through the GMC accessory site and they will ship to your dealership for free pickup.  In fact, they had a 10% off coupon on that site as well that I used to buy my Kicker sub - OCTOBER10.  Your dealership gets no say in the matter, they just hand you the part.  That's how I convinced my dealer to give me 10% off, I told them it was available online.  If your dealer is charging over MSRP I would do it just to piss them off.

Also, if you have any GM reward points you can convert them to cash for an even bigger discount online.

Edited by TxTruckMan

1 hour ago, fastk9dad said:

Capture.JPG

That is only like a hundred or 2 hundred less then amp steps, why not go with those?

25 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

That is only like a hundred or 2 hundred less then amp steps, why not go with those?

1. The Amp steps wont protect from inconsiderate people who will let their door swing open and hit whatever. The full length boards should stick out just enough to help with this.

2. TBH, I don't like how the AMPs look installed on the trucks. I originally was thinking of getting those (and forgoing protection for #1) until I saw a set in person. They don't tuck up and hide away as well as they do on other vehicles I have seen and because of this they just look odd to me as they don't cover the full cab length. While they can be adjusted, either you have a gap at the back, the front or both and they just look off to me. I suspect they aren't making custom step lengths for each vehicle and just have stock lengths and just go with something that "works". 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TxTruckMan said:

Buy them through the GMC accessory site and they will ship to your dealership for free pickup.  In fact, they had a 10% off coupon on that site as well that I used to buy my Kicker sub - OCTOBER10.  Your dealership gets no say in the matter, they just hand you the part.  That's how I convinced my dealer to give me 10% off, I told them it was available online.  If your dealer is charging over MSRP I would do it just to piss them off.

Also, if you have any GM reward points you can convert them to cash for an even bigger discount online.

Thanks for the code, I must have missed that one. I do have some reward points but I was saving those to get the lighted front emblem.

2 hours ago, TxTruckMan said:

So when I got to choose my dealer, neither my selling dealer or the other local dealer are options to select from. Closest dealer I can choose is over 1hr away. 

edit: and I figured out why... I'm guessing all dealers don't have to participate with the "generic" ship to dealer option, or with corporate discounts either because if I go to the other local dealer that is selling them for the standard MSRP and try to enter in OCTOBER10 through their portal it says it's invalid. 👎

Edited by fastk9dad

3 hours ago, fastk9dad said:

So when I got to choose my dealer, neither my selling dealer or the other local dealer are options to select from. Closest dealer I can choose is over 1hr away. 

edit: and I figured out why... I'm guessing all dealers don't have to participate with the "generic" ship to dealer option, or with corporate discounts either because if I go to the other local dealer that is selling them for the standard MSRP and try to enter in OCTOBER10 through their portal it says it's invalid. 👎

That sucks.  Maybe wait a couple more weeks for stock to get built back up and prices will come down.  I read someplace that GM's running board supplier was having supply chain problems and stopped delivering for a couple of months.  The situation has been resolved and parts are starting to flow again.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up and installed my steps today. Just ended up having them shipped to the dealer that was an hour away. It's an easy ride and glad I went as they had several modded trucks for sale, including a Black Widow. The trip was worth the eye candy. Got home, put steps on w/o much ado and now the wife is happy to have a shorter step. 

J36f%fGMQVWyoarx7AzX%g.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 1/23/2021 at 12:17 PM, MG386 said:

Love my new off road steps. I bought from a guy locally taking his off. They are more than 2" better ground clearance than the stock ones that came on my 2020 AT4
96519f09c015af28d382b65a82123d93.jpga96996f80ddddfcaa1aa953a05cfa333.jpg10aa0f62ecd4447cb4342ea2f1d6774a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Any issues mounting these? GM catalog only shows them for 2021-2022 model year trucks, trying to figure out if they will fit my 2020 silverado

• 4 weeks later...