Did some light off roading in the Trail Boss

Forgot my new GoPro 9 Black, so had to have my buddy use my cell phone to capture video.  It's still rendering up to 4k, YouTube takes forever for that, but I stitched it together and here was some fun from yesterday.  This truck constantly impresses me.  I think with Bilsteins and another inch up front, it will be perfect.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SquireSCA said:

Forgot my new GoPro 9 Black, so had to have my buddy use my cell phone to capture video.  It's still rendering up to 4k, YouTube takes forever for that, but I stitched it together and here was some fun from yesterday.  This truck constantly impresses me.  I think with Bilsteins and another inch up front, it will be perfect.

Looks similar to some trails I ran in my 2018 Colorado near Blue Ridge in November of 2019. Sound like y'all had a great time and the truck did well too. How was the BBQ?

It gives you nice control and immediate torque.  The one thing I wish this truck had, were front and rear diff lockers that worked with a switch.  A couple times I thought I was stuck, but what I had to do was let the tires spin long enough for the rear G80 to lock itself, and then it clawed forward just fine.  Would have been nicer to push a button to lock it, so that I didn't have to lose momentum waiting for it to kick in.

31 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

It gives you nice control and immediate torque.  The one thing I wish this truck had, were front and rear diff lockers that worked with a switch.  A couple times I thought I was stuck, but what I had to do was let the tires spin long enough for the rear G80 to lock itself, and then it clawed forward just fine.  Would have been nicer to push a button to lock it, so that I didn't have to lose momentum waiting for it to kick in.

Yeah, the G80 is a little strange getting used to. But once you do, you will become more assured of it and just lean into it more comfortably. 

Great video! That's some slick mud in some places. Some better tires than the OEM Trailrunner ATs would have helped a lot in that mud, I bet. 

16 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Yeah, the G80 is a little strange getting used to. But once you do, you will become more assured of it and just lean into it more comfortably. 

Great video! That's some slick mud in some places. Some better tires than the OEM Trailrunner ATs would have helped a lot in that mud, I bet. 

Well, I upgraded the tires to GoodYear UltraTerrains, which are very similar to the Duratracs...

16 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

Well, I upgraded the tires to GoodYear UltraTerrains, which are very similar to the Duratracs...

Ah, nice! They did look a little knobbier on the shoulders. ?? 

I have the Trailrunner ATs on my Z71 RST, and driving through some very light mud on a ranch recently made me realize they would not perform very well in some legit, heavy mud.