In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Anyone else get a buzzing sound in the B pillar when accelerating around 30+ mph? Sounds like a plastic type buzz. Taking the truck in for the recall on Tuesday, if anyone has any suggestions to help point them in the right direction I’d appreciate it!

It is the cover over the opening for the seat belt.  I took them off and put rubber bands and that took care of the problem.

Interesting. Took it to the dealer yesterday - they told me there is a TSB on it, and have ordered the parts to fix it.

Should show us when you get the new part

Did you get the new part

On 2/5/2021 at 4:32 AM, Moend said:

Did you get the new part

Yes, here is the write up

BE8BFF0E-41BA-4211-B6B3-BE75205646BE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Daryl Casey
      2020 Sierra SLT

This morning I noticed a buzzing noise coming from the rear of the cab. The sound came from the right bottom of the rear window. The buzzing stops when I turned the rear defroster off. Turned the rear defroster back on, the buzzing started again.

Has anyone else had, or noticed, this problem? I tried to find a connecter to see if it was loose but couldn't find it.  I don't think it's affected the performance of the defroster, at least not yet. I figure it'll require a trip to my dealership's service department, which I'm not a huge fan of. 

Thanks for your time,
      DC

• By MiPinner
      We have a 2016 Yukon 6.2L which developed a rattle at approximately 60k miles. Initially I believed the source of the rattle was a heat shield, but everything seems to be tight. It has been to the dealer twice and no progress has been made to resolve the issue. The first time they dismissed the problem and called it "normal" and the second time they believe it's a broken baffle weld in the muffler. What do you think? Thanks in advance

Video with several angles from under the vehicle demonstrating the issue. The problem only surfaces when the vehicle inters v4 mode. Also, the rattle is so loud it is picked up by the Knock Sensors and it pulling timing. Scan performed with HP Tuners VCM Scanner.

• By Steve Dave
      Has anyone else had issues with their lower glovebox rattling on their Chevy Silverado?

If I open it and hold the lower glovebox down, the rattle goes away, but as soon as I close it it rattles on the freeway and rough roads.  I've tried to re-tighten the bolts and put duct tape over the metal plugs, which didn't help.

Any other ideas?
    • By Scotian7
      2019 GMC Canyon all terrain bought in July 2019 with 12000km on it has clicking noise in drivers side between doors around seat belt adjuster (B- pillar area). Had the truck to two separate dealerships 7 times altogether with no success after the dealer trying different things including:

1.Replaced rear side door arm rest cover trim 
      2.Center pillar upper trim panel replaced 3.Replaced clips in door
      4.Replaced power door lock actuator (which was very loose according to them) 5.Replaced all door weather striping.

Not something you would expect from a new truck. Any ideas what this could be? 
    • By Big Robs
      I keep hearing an interior rear cabin rattle noise when hitting bumps or rough roads. Sounds like it is coming from the interior rear cabin wall were the rear mirror is located. Has anyone experienced this issue? The second rattle noise is coming from the driver side seat belt pillar or door. The rattle noise almost sounds like plastic hitting plastic. Any ideas or has anyone experienced this?