Looking for 2.7 Turbo towing reports!

This post is now months past; I own a  2.7L  2020 GMC Elevation. I tow an RV Travel Trailer with a total Trailer & payload of 4750Lbs. Now 32K miles and 15,800 miles of that is towing. I have yet to have a problem with this truck. Plenty of torque through the Smokies and good MPG's while towing in normal conditions. I use a WDH hitch while towing. This amazing new power plant is a workhorse, the design qualities of a diesel engine. 

On 2/3/2021 at 12:36 PM, John Sarappa said:

I wish they would come out with a regular cab short bed I would consider this engine for my daily driver for work .my 17 year old Duramax is beating me to death. best vehicle I’ve ever owned!

supposedly 2022 comes with this configuration, but it doesn’t let me build it on the GM website. Maybe the dealer will have to do it or the website isn’t totally up to date. This is also the configuration I’m most interested in. 

On 1/9/2022 at 1:02 AM, Jesse Revilla said:

This post is now months past; I own a  2.7L  2020 GMC Elevation. I tow an RV Travel Trailer with a total Trailer & payload of 4750Lbs. Now 32K miles and 15,800 miles of that is towing. I have yet to have a problem with this truck. Plenty of torque through the Smokies and good MPG's while towing in normal conditions. I use a WDH hitch while towing. This amazing new power plant is a workhorse, the design qualities of a diesel engine. 

What's your mileage towing? We tow a 3,800 lbs. travel trailer with our '21 Silverado with the 5.3 and get between 12-14 MPG on the highway, depending on conditions.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:02 PM, Jesse Revilla said:

Great write up mate.  So far my families farm have three 2.7s and absolutely zero issues. 

We work out a deal with GM to lease trucks every 18 months .  I can honestly say for our work which is mostly hauling , the 2.7 is a little reliable monster.