Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs

Considering swapping out the stock tires on my '18 Z71 silverado 1500 for a set of Duratracs. Stock size (275/55-R20). Have heard a bit about road noise, but I have to think it's overblown since these are OE tires on so many vehicles now, including the new trailboss. I do occaisional off-roading but nothing nuts. Most driving is on pavement, so just want extra off-road capability, good looks, and decent road manners.

Anybody running these? Would welcome any impressions from those with experience.

I'm sure the noise/mpg/wear issues are real on bigger sizes, but not planning to go big so thinking these issues should be minimal. Also considering Falken Wildpeak AT3 and BFG KO2s. Don't know much about the Falkens, and I'm not sure I want the added weight of the KO2s for MPG.

TIA

I run DuraTracs. Use to run KO2s but they suck in the winter cold. I am 50/50 off-road and pavement. The road noise is not much more then the KO2s. Treadwear is not as good as KO2s but its still good and not that far off of the KO2s. People talk about the KO2s sidewall is stronger for off-road but I haven't found a problem with either one. My biggest reason for the change was the winter ability and the DuraTracs beat the KO2s easily.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

My 18 came with Duratracs, I swapped to Nitro Ridge Grapplers at about 5k when I swapped wheels and lifted/leveled. I liked the looks of the Nittos better and felt they performed about same as factory. In early Dec at 48k I swapped back to Duratracs. WOW. These aftermarket ones are way better in wet and snow than the Nittos or from what I recall the factory Duratracs. Not sure why that would be, but I am super happy with them. No road noise, good highway manners, smooth ride(but I have 18"rims).

I replaced my stock tires with Duratracs and got about 40k miles out of them. (P265/70/17)

-Best looking AT tire, in my opinion.
-Quiet for the first 15k miles, after that they got progressively noisier.
-Started to wear unevenly. Rotated every oil change (~5k miles), checked alignment, and they still chopped. This probably attributed to the noise.
-Performance was okay. Better than stock, but I wasn’t blown away by how they were in the snow.

I have a set of BFG KO2s now with about 6k miles on them. Haven’t put them to the test in the snow yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have about 60,000 miles on my duratracs and looking into another set. I have them on a 1500 sierra 275/55 R20. I would like get them in load E but they do not make load E's in the stock size. I tow a lot and while my current druatracs work they feel squishy while tow my 7500lbs fish house. I have them pumped up to max psi @ 51 also. I really like them and have been a great tire for me. Great winter traction in deep snow which is key for me off-roading on the lake with the fish house while ice fishing. I rotate every 5,000 miles is the key to getting the life out of these tires. I am also looking at the Goodyear Ultraterrians from discount tire. They look to be a cross between a duratrac and a KO2. 

Edited by GMCSierra99