Custom 2500 gas mileage questions

yeah trim wouldnt make huge difference.....

mine in city is pretty bad but it loves the highway......8mpg around town...on highway ive seen 22mpg but avg 18-20

have LT as well

Rolling empty on the highway at 80, 15.  Local rural driving mid 14s.  Have not yet towed, look forward to camping and boating with it though.  only 1300 mi. on truck so far.

great.  awesome.  i have a 2016 2500hd crew with the 6.0 and i was dead set on keeping it forever.

then you freaking jerks come around bragging about your obscenely economical fuel economy and now I’m building and pricing a new truck every three hours!

kidding.  but, in all seriousness, the numbers here are significantly better than i see in my six point slow .. average 12.5 in mixed driving with a best of 16 on a long, slow country drive in the summer.

sounds like he 6.6 is a great engine.

I had your exact truck prior to the 20' ,the honest hand calculated difference is about 1 to 1.5 mpg better on hwy. Too many variables to make an honest comparison for in town driving unless they where done simultaneously . I believe the difference in town is .5 mpg maybe? Towing 12k fiver the difference is also about.5 mpg. It does however tow more effortlessly in comparison.

• Like 1

A slight MPG increase sounds realistic over a 6.0, but nothing earth shattering when dealing with a big heavy truck.  However the power and torque have increased quite a bit so it should perform better with heavy loads.

2 hours ago, MORSNO said:

A slight MPG increase sounds realistic over a 6.0, but nothing earth shattering when dealing with a big heavy truck.  However the power and torque have increased quite a bit so it should perform better with heavy loads.

They've gained a good bit of weight too over K2 and especially GMT-900.  Power may be up but so is weight.  The 6.6 in the K2s would have ripped.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, It's Tim said:

Nobody that buys a pickup truck cares about "fuel economy". Drive it, enjoy it then fill it up and rinse & repeat. When gasoline makes it to $7.00 a gallon that may actually bother a few but certainly not all.

it’s not so much a question of whether to own a truck, but which truck to own.  for instance, if a 6.6 gets 2 mpg better than my 6.0, that’s about $600 per year or $4200 savings over seven years.  If it only gets .5 mpg, that’s closer to 1k over seven years.

You’re damned right I think about the impact of four grand on a financial decision such as buying a new truck.  Just like running the numbers when you refinance a house or put in a new heat pump or furnace - understanding the math on each financial decision you make can make a big difference over a lifetime.

Edited by i82much

Still not worth freting over when you have to run the numbers out to seven years, inflation will have eaten your savings. Either a person needs a truck and they buy it for that purpose or people buy a truck to be broke and stylish. The stylers will be the first to run away when gasoline hits $4.00 a gallon. Notice for instance on this website alone if anyone posts a picture of their dash the fuel gauge is always ever so slightly above "walk". Better to drive a vehicle one can run down to a third of a tank then fill it back up without worrying about the cost of fuel. JMHO.

• Like 1