Interior lights

29 minutes ago, dawg99 said:

Anybody know if the 2021 overhead console lights are better than the 19-20 models and shine towards the center console? Was thinking of changing mine to the 2021 version if they are better.

Nah, they suck too. Aimed at your lap. 

• Sad 1

I've been contemplating pulling mine apart and physically moving the LED over so it's on top of the hole instead of offset.  The LED itself is almost an inch off to the side and then has a big plastic lens that directs the light at ~45* angle

I'll probably debate doing this for a year or two and then next thing you know, end up in a new truck that hopefully has this fixed already :)

• Haha 1

The interior lighting on these things is the worst in any vehicle I've had since my 76' blazer.   They are only good if you are reading something in your lap, can't see anything on the floor, glovebox, console, no hood light (I realize that's common these days) etc. 

I wonder if you could just remove the lens that is directing the light in a tight spot to the seat area. 

I did wire up a center console light under the lid, that helped a lot but really only if you are in the console.   These things absolutely need footwell lighting and lighting in the glove box.   I think I might simply do a rechargeable motion light in the glove box. 

On 1/30/2021 at 1:02 PM, todd308 said:

The interior lighting on these things is the worst in any vehicle I've had since my 76' blazer.   They are only good if you are reading something in your lap, can't see anything on the floor, glovebox, console, no hood light (I realize that's common these days) etc. 

I wonder if you could just remove the lens that is directing the light in a tight spot to the seat area. 

I did wire up a center console light under the lid, that helped a lot but really only if you are in the console.   These things absolutely need footwell lighting and lighting in the glove box.   I think I might simply do a rechargeable motion light in the glove box. 

2021 Custom here.  I’m attempting to add a cpl LED bolt lights to my ceiling console.  They’re very low power so I WAS going to just tap into an existing light wire. But there aren’t any light wires.  It’s a circuit board.  The LED chip is under the clear “lens”.  I’ll try to post a pic of it. I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet because with this being a circuit board and not just a light socket I do t know what actually controls the lights actions.  A computer down under the dash or that circuit board.  ????  ******.  I guess email me if you want a pic of the front and back of the upper light board.